Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Bearing Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Cpthair

I would be taking it to Crossroad's Ford in Cary, North Carolina.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:17 AM
fshubert

Quick update. Went to dealer this morning (had to replace horn) and asked about the noisy trans. They are hearing from other dealerships that 2018 GT owners with the MT are complaining about the noise too. My dealership says they feel it's the trans and are asking Ford for an approval to replace my trans. I should hear back from them in a week. Will update this posting when I hear from Ford.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Paul W Ho

Just purchased a 2018 Mustang GT 6sp picked it up Friday and knew it was not running correctly. As a former mechanic from Benz I’m very familiar with DI noises and sounds but this was a metallic ticking noise at idle.

I listened to another mustang on the lot and it was quiet...

Dropped off the car Monday at 600 miles and have yet to hear back.

Another issue is a loud metallic rattle/flutter coming from engine/trans area around 2000-2500 rpm which everyone else seems to be describing.

Pretty disappointed with Ford’s quality. After owning imports only and running a former car dealer business I knew better than to touch anything domestic but decided heck why not give it a try and see how well this mustang experience will go. Sadly already regretting the purchase
Old 05-02-2018, 10:48 AM
fshubert

Hey Paul! Sorry to hear the bad news. But it sounds like we all have the same problem. Which dealership are you working with? Others who are affected by this issue can leverage the dealership names to point their dealer to where customers are also having this issue. I too just came off of 4 BMWs and Ford was my first pick. I'm not yet regretting it. The car is awesome! If Ford makes good on the trans problem (if that in fact is the problem), then I'm going to be a happy Ford owner. Good luck with resolving your issue. Please keep us posted on dealer and resolution.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:11 PM
Paul W Ho

Originally Posted by fshubert
Hey Paul! Sorry to hear the bad news. But it sounds like we all have the same problem. Which dealership are you working with? Others who are affected by this issue can leverage the dealership names to point their dealer to where customers are also having this issue. I too just came off of 4 BMWs and Ford was my first pick. I'm not yet regretting it. The car is awesome! If Ford makes good on the trans problem (if that in fact is the problem), then I'm going to be a happy Ford owner. Good luck with resolving your issue. Please keep us posted on dealer and resolution.
dont get me wrong I do absolutely love the performance of my new mustang as it’s a much different experience switching from many Miatas and Porsche’s just wish it didn’t have to start this way ><. I’m working with Autonation Ford Marietta
Old 05-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Cpthair

@fshubert, So in a hilarious turn of events, my car is no longer making that noise after the break-in period. It drives pretty dang smooth, too.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:01 PM
fshubert

Originally Posted by Cpthair
@fshubert, So in a hilarious turn of events, my car is no longer making that noise after the break-in period. It drives pretty dang smooth, too.
That's great news! I've got 3600 miles on mine and it's not getting any better.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:55 PM
fshubert

So the latest from my dealership is Ford doesn't know what to do about the noise. Sounds like I need to get a hold of Ford directly. That and a lot of other owners complaining about the noise to their dealerships and Ford.