Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Gears not going back to idle when shifting gears

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:09 AM
tcrown

Default Gears not going back to idle when shifting gears

Im new to this site so im not sure that Im posting this in the right section but anyways I have a 2015 mustang GT that I believe is 100% stock other than the exhaust I have. I have not tuned the car but the previous owner may have. When I push in my clutch to upshift the rpms fall to about the next shift point and if I hold it in a bit longer it eventually goes back to idle. Id like to disable this feature to where when I push in the clutch the rpms would fall all the way to idle. Is this possible?
Old 04-24-2018, 08:02 PM
JimC

Not even close to the right section. As the header says, this is for:

Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.
In other words, things like logging in to the site, not for issues related to your specific vehicle. There is a section for the S550 and that is where this belongs. I will ask the mod for this section to move this.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:43 AM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tcrown
Im new to this site so im not sure that Im posting this in the right section but anyways I have a 2015 mustang GT that I believe is 100% stock other than the exhaust I have. I have not tuned the car but the previous owner may have. When I push in my clutch to upshift the rpms fall to about the next shift point and if I hold it in a bit longer it eventually goes back to idle. Id like to disable this feature to where when I push in the clutch the rpms would fall all the way to idle. Is this possible?
No, it's not. As in any given application, even carburetted, holding the clutch disengaged long enough between shifts is bound to allow the eng. rpms to drop to idle speed.

Why is this a problem for you?
Old 04-25-2018, 12:13 PM
fshubert

This "feature" was in BMWs. The car would RPM match for up and downshifting to make the ride smoother. It could be programmed out. Most drivers did remove this feature. I've got a new GT with a stick and have not noticed any RPM matching (up or down). Thankfully! I kinda like the feeling as the clutch engages and blips the RPMs up and the exhaust burble. Or when I'm really getting on the car, just keep my foot on the gas and fly thru the gears.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:58 PM
Bierbelly

This is a big problem in my 2016. The rpm matching causes a lot of problems when the car is cold. Bucks like a bronco.

Is there another driving mode that doesnt rpm match?

Last edited by Bierbelly; 04-30-2018 at 07:56 PM.