Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

thoughts on the 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mdg
I'll be trading in my 07 for a 2011. 400 hp is all I need.
Be sure to take your axle back with ya

And I'm excited to see what the 2011 will do!
both GT and V6

Honestly I'm just glad I still have a mustang no matter whether it's a v6 or not.......Mustang's are a HUGE part of my life and I don't plan on ever not having one
Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 AM
martingz

Exclamation Other thoughts?

Well All, I have an order in that is suppose to be built in Feb. I am seriously considering canceling the order and waiting. I'd be happy with it but I'm trying to decide why I would not wait at this point. I know Ford is doing a marketing attack against the Camaro, and it looks like they have done it right - having said that, I'm not sure what that is going to do to 2010 sales, making the announcement this early. The only reasons I can see to not wait are 1 - possibly cost (will they be doing cash incentives on the 2011 and no doubt the price will go up slightly) and 2- the engine is new (but that doesn't concern me much - Ford has a good track record). I'm ordering a V6 and hearing the 2011 will have almost as much HP as the current GT is impressive, especially if they can get the 30 MPG. CNNMoney added the Mustang to their 6 cars worth waiting for

So if you were in my place... what would you do ?

Last edited by martingz; 01-15-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by martingz
At this point, I'd wait.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:20 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Yea I would likely wait also, no point in not waiting unless it turns out you cant get one. I read something that the 11s will be around 4 grand more due to lack of incentives and raised prices. I will look for the article but if thats true, then maybe the 10 could be worth it for you depending on finances.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 AM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Well All, I have an order in that is suppose to be built in Feb. I am seriously considering canceling the order and waiting. I'd be happy with it but I'm trying to decide why I would not wait at this point. I know Ford is doing a marketing attack against the Camaro, and it looks like they have done it right - having said that, I'm not sure what that is going to do to 2010 sales, making the announcement this early. The only reasons I can see to not wait are 1 - possibly cost (will they be doing cash incentives on the 2011 and no doubt the price will go up slightly) and 2- the engine is new (but that doesn't concern me much - Ford has a good track record). I'm ordering a V6 and hearing the 2011 will have almost as much HP as the current GT is impressive, especially if they can get the 30 MPG. CNNMoney added the Mustang to their 6 cars worth waiting for

Ha, I read that article as well and they kinda trash on those who bought a 2010!
I cant see how it wont be more expesive. The V6 maybe not since thats there prime market for the car from what I gather. But the GT for sure will cost more.
I'd say I was a little pissed about it, I didnt know about the new motor but thats what you get for not really researching, but really 300+ hp and maybe a few bolt ons is plenty for me!

Last edited by def67; 01-15-2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: grammarrrrrrr
Old 01-15-2010, 08:56 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Yeah, when I said I'd wait, I meant if I were the OP who stated/implied that money and first year issues are no concern for him.

I personally love my '10 and have not a regret in the 8+ months I've owned it. In fact, I'm completely happy with this car it is so much fun to drive and own. Most fun I've ever had with four wheels.

And while I'm sure the new car will be quicker, I'm interested to see what the dynos reveal. I wonder if in reality the new motor will be putting out that much more power (97 crank HP to be exact). The 315 rating seems bogus on the '10 as we've seen stockers dynoing in the mid 280's. (If the usual 15% drivetrain loss is true, we should see 267 RWHP stock).

We now know that there is a HP war going on so it is in Ford's best interest to "sell" based on that. "Optimism" in that category wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:02 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Yeah, when I said I'd wait, I meant if I were the OP who stated/implied that money and first year issues are no concern for him.

I personally love my '10 and have not a regret in the 8+ months I've owned it. In fact, I'm completely happy with this car it is so much fun to drive and own. Most fun I've ever had with four wheels.

And while I'm sure the new car will be quicker, I'm interested to see what the dynos reveal. I wonder if in reality the new motor will be putting out that much more power (97 crank HP to be exact). The 315 rating seems bogus on the '10 as we've seen stockers dynoing in the mid 280's. (If the usual 15% drivetrain loss is true, we should see 267 RWHP stock).

We now know that there is a HP war going on so it is in Ford's best interest to "sell" based on that. "Optimism" in that category wouldn't hurt.
I'm definitely interested in seeing the dyno results...I wouldn't be surprised if the peak power levels are a bit higher in the rev range...which shows that even though its making the power, its not as usable as the 4.6's with a nice steady powerband. I can make a little 4 cylinder push 300+ hp, but it wouldnt be usable power until 5k RPMS...doesn't mean its bad, just means that its not as usable.

Plus the sound of a V8 always gets me over any V6...
Old 01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

cancel your order and wait.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Here's the 2011 CS
http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/detr...stang-gt-cs/#2
Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 AM
martingz

Thanks for all the feedback! If the dealer will give me back my deposit, I think I am going to wait. No doubt it will cost more going this route... If anyone sees articles on expected pricing on the 2011, please post them up. I was surprised Ford announced the change this early in the model year - they have that announcement all over the Mustang Build & Price site... which I thought was strange. That might mean an early drop on the 2011.

Quick Reply: thoughts on the 2011