Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

UPDATE: muscle mustang 5.0L Dyno numbers

Old 07-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
First of all - Anyone with even the slightest bit of reading comprehension would have realized that the part mentioning, "Ok so we received the dyno numbers from the guys at Lamotta Performance." would imply that SW did not perform the tune.

Second - You came on here, openly attacking their business ethics / marketing, with absolutely no ground to stand on (facts, evidence, anything substantial in any way shape or form other than your possibly idiotic opinion, etc). He simply clarified that what you had said was false, slanderous, unsubstantiated, yada yada.

To take his reply in such a way as to deter your future business would only solidify the thought running through my mind, and perhaps others currently reading this thread: Indeed, we have a moron on our hands, gentlemen. Be happy there is a vendor working so closely with us as to post updates about new products in a very public way, rather than on their personal website where you might never have known about it.

No that is incorrect. Saying we received the dyno numbers from LaMotta says nothing of the tune. Just simply says we received the dyno numbers, period. You can load in premapped tunes, you can tune a car on one dyno then take it to another, what he said does not imply anything.

Secondly, I did not "attack" their business ethics. I simply asked why they did not make an "aggressive" tune for the CAI only but did so for the car on CAI and exhaust.
Facts, dude, I just repeated the FACTS they stated and then ASKED why they did a "mild" tune on the CAI only and an "aggressive" tune on the CAI with their exhaust.
What other "facts" were you expecting??

Further, if I'm such a moron they why did Stainless say "OK, I'm going to say this again." Clearly that states that others have asked the same question and he got pissy over it. So what exactly is your point?

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
No. Do you even know what an "aggressive tune" means? It means more timing. Period. As long as the re-tune after headers (to turn of rear o2) did not change timing it's fine.

Sounds to me you're just trying to pick a fight. fuktard.
Coming from one of the biggest dimwits on this site.
TG, you have no idea what you are talking about. I've tuned many cars (mostly FI I'll admit) but there is more to a tune than just timing. You can't just advance timing and leave it at that, well you can on a 20 year old car maybe.
Again, I was not picking a fight, I was asking in a very polite and respectful manner. His response (from a newb vendor here) was the aggressive and "fight picking" response.

He didn't even answer the last few QUESTIONS I asked in the post. All he did was attack the polite and straight forward question regarding the tune with a "oh geez not again, this is getting tiring that I have to respond to this question AGAIN" answer and then topped it off with, "I wish people would read the post completely."

If he can't answer question from potential customers (and sometimes the same questions dozens and dozens of times over, then he should not be in a business that requires him to have customer relations.

Vista, your **** poor attitude and attacks on me stating my questions were slanderous (you CLEARLY don't even know what slanderous means, as what I wrote was:
1. Not slanderous, slander is not in written form. :lol:
2. When someone asks a question, it's not a statement of fact (or even an accusation that's false) that can be used as libel or spoken slander, it's a QUESTION.
So I'm not even sure where you get the idea or the accusations of false statements and incorrect use of the word slander from against me??

You and the below average intellect SirKnight can take your **** poor attitudes, truly false accusations, and attacking mentalities and do business with SW. You all seem like a nice marriage made in anger heaven.
SW, response of "Thank you" to Vista's attacking reply above just confirmed SW's poor customer relations. I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I'd never give my $ and time to ANY company who had such **** poor attitudes and clearly subpar customer relations, no matter if their product was #1 on the market.

Good day and good luck.
I'm out of this thread, you guys can carry on in anger.
Have fun.

Last edited by Driver72; 07-28-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:36 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
No that is incorrect. Saying we received the dyno numbers from LaMotta says nothing of the tune. Just simply says we received the dyno numbers, period. You can load in premapped tunes, you can tune a car on one dyno then take it to another, what he said does not imply anything.

Secondly, I did not "attack" their business ethics. I simply asked why they did not make an "aggressive" tune for the CAI only but did so for the car on CAI and exhaust.
Facts, dude, I just repeated the FACTS they stated and then ASKED why they did a "mild" tune on the CAI only and an "aggressive" tune on the CAI with their exhaust.
What other "facts" were you expecting??

Further, if I'm such a moron they why did Stainless say "OK, I'm going to say this again." Clearly that states that others have asked the same question and he got pissy over it. So what exactly is your point?

Coming from one of the biggest dimwits on this site.
TG, you have no idea what you are talking about. I've tuned many cars (mostly FI I'll admit) but there is more to a tune than just timing. You can't just advance timing and leave it at that, well you can on a 20 year old car maybe.
Again, I was not picking a fight, I was asking in a very polite and respectful manner. His response (from a newb vendor here) was the aggressive and "fight picking" response.

He didn't even answer the last few QUESTIONS I asked in the post. All he did was attack the polite and straight forward question regarding the tune with a "oh geez not again, this is getting tiring that I have to respond to this question AGAIN" answer and then topped it off with, "I wish people would read the post completely."

If he can't answer question from potential customers (and sometimes the same questions dozens and dozens of times over, then he should not be in a business that requires him to have customer relations.

Vista, your **** poor attitude and attacks on me stating my questions were slanderous (you CLEARLY don't even know what slanderous means, as what I wrote was:
1. Not slanderous, slander is not in written form. :lol:
2. When someone asks a question, it's not a statement of fact (or even an accusation that's false) that can be used as libel or spoken slander, it's a QUESTION.
So I'm not even sure where you get the idea or the accusations of false statements and incorrect use of the word slander from against me??

You and the below average intellect SirKnight can take your **** poor attitudes, truly false accusations, and attacking mentalities and do business with SW. You all seem like a nice marriage made in anger heaven.
SW, response of "Thank you" to Vista's attacking reply above just confirmed SW's poor customer relations. I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I'd never give my $ and time to ANY company who had such **** poor attitudes and clearly subpar customer relations, no matter if their product was #1 on the market.

Good day and good luck.
I'm out of this thread, you guys can carry on in anger.
Have fun.

If you want to attack my use of "slander" perhaps you should review the bolded word "say" you used in the above rant. 'Say' would imply that it was spoken, not typed. I'll stick with using the word 'slander' for anything that is defamatory, be it written or spoken, and you continue using the word 'say' instead of 'type'. How's that sound?

Also, when mentioning your lack of facts, it would be the part where you assumed that the tune was made any more aggressive when the headers were put on. You said, "When you added the full exhaust, why didn't you do a "very mild tune" for it too then?" - This is an example of the comments I am referring to. No where did he mention the tune was made anymore aggressive, and for all we know, SW may not have even been told what they changed.

As the saying goes, when you assume..
Old 07-28-2010, 12:37 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

heres video of SW LT's, o/r x pipe and race mufflers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoF4kamVYiw
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

OK GUYS-

I get everyones points. Driver72 if i came off like an *** i'm sorry, it was not my intention. Lets get back to the topic at hand.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stainless Works
OK GUYS-

I get everyones points. Driver72 if i came off like an *** i'm sorry, it was not my intention. Lets get back to the topic at hand.
Now that's a post I can come back and respond too.

In that light, I hope you understand I was not attacking your company in my original questions about the results, just asking why there was only a "mild tune" done on the CAI portion.

These questions came up from the fact that, as of recent many tuners have been misleading customers on the gains of their CAI and tunes.
Using baseline dynos on 87 Octane and then dynoing with their CAI and tune on 93 Octane and then presenting it as:

"Use our CAI and tune and gain 40+ rwhp."

When the fact is just going from 87 to 93 octane on stock ECU is good for 10-15 hp, then adding a tune to the 93 Octane is good for 20 rwhp.
Most of the time the CAI alone has been a mere 8-10 hp.

They only put that in the small print they know MOST people won't read.
These facts are all over the Mustang car forums now so it's come to light.
Therefore I think many, including myself, are now in question happy suspicious mode as to power increase claims some companies are making for their aftermarket products.

So again, i was simply asking, and it was clear to apparently everyone but Vista, that I said, "why only a mild tune on the CAI" only dyno and not a tune to maximize the CAI?
It clearly was not a slanderous thing. He clearly still does not know the definition of slander (and therefore libel either), but either way, my questions did not fall into either, as they were questions, not statements, whether spoken or written of attack with intent to harm with untruths.
But again, his ignorance to those actual facts are beside the point.

Thanks for the apology, I was just looking for clarification about the results. Your apology post is a good start toward outstanding customer relations intentions.

Cheers
Old 07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

first off, i like the sound.
numbers are only a part of exhaust, fitment and quality are another part.
from the baseline to the after dyno, 48 rwhp/21 tq seem to be substantial gains no matter how you add it up.
even if the CAI/tune account for some of the gains, the headers and midpipe are attributing to the gains too.
i am always a skeptic, so magazine articles are always taken with a grain of salt, but if you read everything, i dont think SW is trying to trick anyone, they are just presenting the facts as they have it.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
heres video of SW LT's, o/r x pipe and race mufflers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoF4kamVYiw
I absolutely LOVE that sound. My neighbors would absolutely HATE it though. Any clips of a milder set up?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3J8rLhYykU

Here is a video of what the new system sounds like. This is from H-pipe back only, stock from h-pipe forward. I should have the last video with this and headers and x-pipe on friday
Old 07-28-2010, 09:43 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

I am super impessed with the numbers the new 5.0 makes but I was expecting a better sound from this engine. I am not that impressed with the sound of the new engine stock and with an aftermarket exhaust system :-/ I want to hear it with a full exhaust and H-PIPE vs the X...
Old 07-29-2010, 01:51 AM
lexustech48
1st Gear Member

Stainless you make very sexy looking exhaust parts, and its great to see that they make great power gains as well!

Lol to whoever posted the link to the article THANK YOU! it was a great read all the way through. The new engine is REALLY a hell of a bit of engineering!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE: muscle mustang 5.0L Dyno numbers