Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Where's the obvious stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:36 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Here is why: When you are cruising on the interstate, and you are in a "pack" of speeders, all speeding over the speed limit at the same speed,....
I just thought that sentence was epic.

Also, yes you can 'cancel' cruise by tapping the clutch. No brake lights required.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

LOL, thanks. Dis you like how manny times I used "speed..." in that sentence?

Oh, and thanks for the clutch tip, I didnt know hitting the clutch will deactivate cruise control either. (It's been nearly a decade since I driven a manual tranny, boy I sure have been missing alot with today's 400+ BHP cars!)
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Cardm31

Exclamation Wat a Deck!?

Originally Posted by pascal
How 'bout you buy a Lexus to go with your whine?
Make it your 5th car that has your beloved features...
Luxury has no place in a Stang.

Don't want to be a deck but it's the plain truth.
You need to understand the heritage of these cars, sure isn't anything close to luxury.
The new Stang has already plenty of gizmos (past the convenience concept) as it is to make the tag price go higher than it should.

So no, we only want to pay high $$ for performance and appeal.
Actually Pascal, I think you're working at being a "deck". It's always amusing to read someone saying "I don't mean to be rude but, go screw yourself with a 4 x 4....sideways! And I mean that in the nicest way possible."

I'm not asking for a luxo-stang, to be swathed in opulence that requires a chauffeur to operate it, lest I strain myself pressing the gas pedal and wrestling the steering wheel for such common tasks as maneuvering the vehicle!
How am I being misunderstood? Am I typing with a heavy accent? What have you got against simple, convenient technology? Maybe I'm reading you all wrong, do you think Ford is going to build you a stripped down 5.0 GT for cheap? How's $30,495 grab you? No cancel button, no Homelink transmitter. What do you guys that make comments like, "The less gadgets and computer controlled stuff the better!" or "We don' need no steenking luxoree!" think Ford is going to take all the whoosey convenience features out and give you a 2012 Mustang GT for $22,495?
You're acting like that guy in the Mini Cooper commercial that's determined not to pay more than $19,995 for a new Mini so, he asks the salesman to take out the airbags, drop the free maintenance and sell him one that get 10 mpg less for $19,995. Ford will be glad to sell you a new GT for $30,495 and tell you what you want to hear, "Yeah, good thing we didn't put in that 'cancel' button for the cruise control or the Homelink transmitter so, we can sell you this one at under $31,000."
The GT I want lists for $37,265. I think that expecting it to have common convenience features isn't too much to ask? Hell, I'd even pay extra to have them just so you can buy you're budget Mustang without having to look at those awful features which might distract you while you're trying to figure out how to ask Ford to delete the A/C and give you roll up windows in your lengthy letter titled: 'All I want for Christmas is a stripped 'Stang'
What it comes down to is, I ask for some conveniences and you'd think I asked Ford to totally redesign the car just for me. I just want to know why they aren't included nor even available as a add on accessory?
I guess there's always going to be people with the attitude, If I don't want it, you can't have it!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Default whats a leotard?

This thread is getting ridiculous so I decided to try and de-rail it even further but in a more positive direction.

WHO WANTS A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE?!?

Oh! and I included a cancel button just in case you didn't want a cookie :P cheers

Last edited by cjs06; 07-28-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Cardm31

Question That's not chocolate chip!

cjs06, does that stand for clown-something-something-06? That thing's got raisins and it looks like you dropped it!
Yes, this thread probably should've faded away with me wondering why asking a simple question leads to personal attacks, someone trying to tell me what to buy or define what a Mustang is.
Is it a refined, modern muscle car or a crude instrument that's meant to always be simple yet effective? Does Pascal (and others) view their Mustang as a trusty hunting knife that's recently gotten a better grip and sharper blade, while they're all stoked and salivating over their new blade, here's comes some guys that asks "Where's the the built in toothpick and I'm definitely going to need a corkscrew!" To which they're screaming "It's a flippin' hunting knife, not a friggin' Swiss Army thingy!!!"
OK, back to reality. I'm NOT wondering why Ford didn't turn the Mustang into a Swiss Army tool/knife thingy. I just wanted to know if anyone else was wondering why Ford wants me to pay almost $40K for a car that I've got to clip one of my Sears Craftman garage door openers to the visor and as for the 'cancel' button, it doesn't even need to be added, if you look at the steering wheel the buttons are 'set+, set-, resume and on/off'. They could easily reprogram the buttons to 'Resume/accel, set/decel, cancel and on/off'. That's all. Doesn't it unimpress you when you get into a expensive new car and see a crappy looking old garage door opener clipped to the visor?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Default Its soooooo a chocolate chip cookie!

I wish I had a garage. Then I could give my stang a home at night... sigh.

If I had a homelink transmitter garage door opener device, I would definitely hide it... cause everyone knows that it is sooooo 90s and your neighbors would laugh at you.

Cardm31, I share your sympathies. Even if my sarcasm knows no bounds.

Last edited by cjs06; 07-28-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Cardm31

Red face Ahhh! The court jester reveals the truth!

So, it's garage-envy that's driving your sarcasm and probably others sour-grapes/anger at me.
It's only a two car garage, if I were really bourgeois, I'd at least have a 2+1 or even dual 2 car garages. No, I have the commoners attached 2 car garage.
Maybe one of these days, I'll have a place that has room for many vehicles?
It's the American car guys dream (at least some of us).
Old 07-28-2010, 06:48 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

can you please return your car so we don't have to listen to this anymore?

If homelink and a cancel button is how you shop for cars, then I think a chevy aveo is right up your alley.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

As I mentioned earlier, I think a homelink transmitter should be available on this car. And I also am not crazy about the CC buttons. I think it's slightly annoying having to press "On" and then "Set" to initiate. And there is no visual indication that pushing the "On" button is successful until you successfully are "Set".

I prefer the arrangement in my TL which has an illuminated, dash-mounted "On" button which retains it's on/off status between ignition cycles. Then you just hit "Set" on the wheel any time you want cruise. Much better. Oh, and it has a "Cancel" button.

Last edited by WeinerDog; 07-28-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Wow...

Quick Reply: Where's the obvious stuff?