Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Where's the obvious stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
joelr9801
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
For me, the less electronic and computer controlled things in a car the better!
I couldnt agree with you more!!

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
The car definitely should come with homelink. But you can do it yourself for cheap if you want it. Fits in the OH maplight console with a little bit of fiddling. I did mine for $18, cheaper than a clip-on universal remote.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...tallation.html
I also did this it came out just like a factory option. It only works if you do not have the security pkg though.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Rob3578

+1000 Fine with me if they did offer every convenience known to man,as long as it's not standard equipment and I don't have to pay for it.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Cardm31

Default Flame on! Flamers

When I started this thread I thought I'd get a good mix of people that feel the way I do (if you read carefully, I was disappointed the features weren't included but, it's NOT a deal breaker), those that don't really care either way and people that have no need for them or don't want them.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I would get responses from people that weren't paying attention or were too busy exposing their dark personalities to contribute any useful reply (you know who you are) but, I was really surprised to get responses from the Amish, I didn't even know you guys were allowed to own a computer, let alone access the internet?
No cjs06, I'm not foaming at the mouth. Were you expecting anger?
Basically, I was wondering if anyone else was missing these features? I got a couple of helpful suggestions and mostly people pointing out what they thought were negative things about me or the features.
I've never had a 'cancel' button or Homelink transmitter fail and I don't think you're going to see anyone broken down by the side of the road because of these features.
I guess there will always be lurkers waiting to flame?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I agree for the most part but there are just some things I still scratch my head to as why Ford wouldn't include them. Like the trunk release for 05-09 (don't know if it's been added for '10-'11)
Old 07-16-2010, 01:33 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Default I found a cookie :)

Indeed the trunk release has been added :P

@ Cardm31. I didn't say you were angry, you may have thought that's what I meant but indeed I understood you were disappointed. I understand your original line of questioning in regards to those simple features, because they are indeed simple and yes Ford could have put them in. I'm not sure why Ford didn't; mabey they didn't think about it *shrug*

Oh well, please forgive my original intent to amuse because I do it quite frequently on these forums. I do honestly believe the Internet is a playground.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cjs06
Not to be a smart*** but wouldn't the brake be considered the cancel... pedal, works the same :P.
I for one would prefer to have prefer to have a cruis control cancel built into the control in addition to the brake pedal.

Here is why: When you are cruising on the interstate, and you are in a "pack" of speeders, all speeding over the speed limit at the same speed, (I do this ALOT and in cruise control) and all of a sudden, you see a cop clocking your pack, the last thing you want to is advertise you were one of them by making your rear brake tail lights give you away.

By using manual cruise control cancel, you can coast to a slower speed without your brake lights announcing that you were one of those speeders.

The cop most likely has clocked one of the lead cars, but he will more than likely chase down one of the guys whose tail lights he sees come on. (It is only psychologically natural.)
Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Cardm31
Watch it cjs06, you're cracking yourself up and it looks like it doesn't take much to amuse SpartaPerformance either.
How about quit making excuses for Ford leaving these features out? I may be spoiled because the last 4 cars I bought have had both of these features in all of them? The map light module is rather large for it's purpose, it could easily house a few Homelink buttons and the transmitter. Most manufacturers have a cancel button with the cruise controls, Ford is one of the very few holdouts on this. Btw, all manufacturers have the cancel on brake feature too.
Now you've gone and made me almost make a big deal out of it. I was just asking why Ford not only left these features out but, has made it so you can't install it (Homelink) as an accessory? They offer an Auto-dim rear view mirror with Homelink but, it says "Not for use with SYNC".
I guess I'm in the extreme minority on this stuff?
How 'bout you buy a Lexus to go with your whine?
Make it your 5th car that has your beloved features...
Luxury has no place in a Stang.

Don't want to be a deck but it's the plain truth.
You need to understand the heritage of these cars, sure isn't anything close to luxury.
The new Stang has already plenty of gizmos (past the convenience concept) as it is to make the tag price go higher than it should.

So no, we only want to pay high $$ for performance and appeal.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cjs06

Oh well, please forgive my original intent to amuse because I do it quite frequently on these forums. I do honestly believe the Internet is a playground.
I do have the same approach and I'm not afraid of making a fool of meself, lol.
Please proceed with the intent to amuse.

Oh, and I response to your first post, I believe that you have to say "Sesame" 3 times upon rolling in your driveway in order to simulate the improvised homelink device out of sheer fear.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I for one would prefer to have prefer to have a cruis control cancel built into the control in addition to the brake pedal.

Here is why: When you are cruising on the interstate, and you are in a "pack" of speeders, all speeding over the speed limit at the same speed, (I do this ALOT and in cruise control) and all of a sudden, you see a cop clocking your pack, the last thing you want to is advertise you were one of them by making your rear brake tail lights give you away.

By using manual cruise control cancel, you can coast to a slower speed without your brake lights announcing that you were one of those speeders.

The cop most likely has clocked one of the lead cars, but he will more than likely chase down one of the guys whose tail lights he sees come on. (It is only psychologically natural.)

Not sure if the mustangs do it but my 93 eclipse cuts the cruise off when I tap the clutch ...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I, too, am bewildered as to why there's no means of canceling cruise control on my '07 other than tapping the brake or shutting the system off. Even if tapping the clutch works, I still prefer a good old "cancel" switch of some type .

Quick Reply: Where's the obvious stuff?