MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-v8-technical-discussions-137/)
-   -   Pics of my GT/CS (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-v8-technical-discussions/611214-pics-of-my-gt-cs.html)

wazslow 07-31-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Driver72 (Post 7131957)
I'd also like to know how you got the side stripes off?
Any issues (scratching, clearcoat damage, etc)?
Difficult or easy to remove?

Its easy. Take a heat gun or hairdryer, get one corner up and peel them right off. Takes 2 minutes... No damage underneath at all.

Driver72 07-31-2010 06:54 PM

Great thanks.

eightdogsbarkin 07-31-2010 10:00 PM

I really think it looked better stock.

Soldier GT 07-31-2010 10:13 PM

nice man...

2011CS/GT 08-01-2010 06:18 PM

I love the clean look of no stripe, but still can't bring myself to peel it off. It is the one thing that makes the car kind of unique. I kind of dig the stealth 5.0. I spanked a older Firebird the other night and the kid says, "Dude that ain't no V6." I said your right and drove off. Unless the sun hits the stripe on the side it is kind of hard to see the CS GT.

DanB2398 08-03-2010 01:58 AM

Haha i was i gonna buy that same car at miller ford. I bought mine from there but i went with ingot silver with instead. I even drove the car u have haha has the nav. they gave me a great price hope they did the same for you

lexustech48 08-03-2010 02:28 AM

Man, I love the way that Pedestal Spoiler looks! really changes the way the rear of that car looks!

Your car looks very clean too; understated yet elegant. Props!

chain1 08-03-2010 08:47 AM

hmm... I may have to do that. Looks great. I really hate to get rid of the stripe though. I also don't know about adding emblems to a car. Where did you get them? Did you have to drill holes to get them on? The main reasons I got the C/S is the improved front end and the pedestal spoiler. Didn't realize it deleted the 5.0 emblems til I got it. It is kind of a nuisance since that little emblem is really the only distinction between a 10 and an 11 (but it's a big one!). I know the C/S wasn't available in 10, but some people think the 11 C/S is a 2010 V6! (until I pull away from the light that is)
Thanks.

wazslow 08-04-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by chain1 (Post 7135899)
hmm... I may have to do that. Looks great. I really hate to get rid of the stripe though. I also don't know about adding emblems to a car. Where did you get them? Did you have to drill holes to get them on? The main reasons I got the C/S is the improved front end and the pedestal spoiler. Didn't realize it deleted the 5.0 emblems til I got it. It is kind of a nuisance since that little emblem is really the only distinction between a 10 and an 11 (but it's a big one!). I know the C/S wasn't available in 10, but some people think the 11 C/S is a 2010 V6! (until I pull away from the light that is)
Thanks.

The emblems come with alignment tabs which the C/S fenders dont have. I just broke off the alignment tabs and stuck them on (they have two sided tape). I think I have them a little high, but i can just pull them off and reinstall them a little lower. I bought the emblems from CJ's Pony parts. There about $30 for the pair. The stripe comes right off easily. Im sure you could buy it and put it back on if you ever wanted to anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide!

wazslow 08-04-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by DanB2398 (Post 7135703)
Haha i was i gonna buy that same car at miller ford. I bought mine from there but i went with ingot silver with instead. I even drove the car u have haha has the nav. they gave me a great price hope they did the same for you

I got the car for $36,400. Car stickered for right at $40,000. Got any pics of your ingot silver car?