Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Test drove the 5.0...holy $hit! What is the lowest I can get a GT for???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 PM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I found out the hard way: In Texas, you will pay full price unless you can purchase under A,D,X, or Z-plans (but you have to be a Ford employee, relative of such an employee, etc.)

To get a PIN from Ford, you have to have proper documentation for that PIN so you can get a discount on that plan.

Other than that, I know of no other Texan who was able to go below MSRP.

2011CS/GT, if you got yours without A,D,X,Z-plan, what dealer did you go to? Because if you got a discount without A,D,X,Z-plan, I am going to kick the everliving s*** out of myself for not going to your salesman instead!
Jim they would not let me use the X-plan on the CS. They would only let me use it on a GT or lower. So start kicking!!!! I buy all my cars from Texas Motors Ford in Ft. Worth. My wife was also buying a new car so I used that to my advantage as well. There is a manager there that I hit it off from day one.....so that never hurts either.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Total Invoice (including Holdback, FDAF, Fuel, Destination, etc) is roughly $28,766 on a GT Base.

Best price Ive seen is :
$700 Under Invoice including Doc Fee.
$500 Bonus Cash
$750 Brochure Cash

So $26,816 for a no option car. In reality you may or may not score the $750 Brochure Rebate and you are not likely to get $700 under. $28,000-28,500 is the more likely. On top of that you may have to order to score a no option car which will result in paying the Job 2 Price Increase.

The fastest Showroom Stock Car (12.5 @ 112) so far had Manual Trans, Base 3.31 Gear and Base 18" Wheels so you are not giving up much. Both my last two cars have been base models although I had the optional 3.55 on both.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Supermans

Originally Posted by Gene K
Total Invoice (including Holdback, FDAF, Fuel, Destination, etc) is roughly $28,766 on a GT Base.

Best price Ive seen is :
$700 Under Invoice including Doc Fee.
$500 Bonus Cash
$750 Brochure Cash

So $26,816 for a no option car. In reality you may or may not score the $750 Brochure Rebate and you are not likely to get $700 under. $28,000-28,500 is the more likely. On top of that you may have to order to score a no option car which will result in paying the Job 2 Price Increase.

The fastest Showroom Stock Car (12.5 @ 112) so far had Manual Trans, Base 3.31 Gear and Base 18" Wheels so you are not giving up much. Both my last two cars have been base models although I had the optional 3.55 on both.
I though that the brochure cash and the bonus cash could not be used together? That is what I was told when I brought it in..
Old 08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
ponyboy643

Check out this dealership if you can:
http://rodbakerford.dealerconnection.com/
Great services, and no hassles whatsoever.

Got mine for invoice price: it was ordered and delivered in 2-3 months, I had no special plan or anything, but dealer gave me the $750 coupon and $500 rebates.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rebel302
McRee Ford. It's actually in Dickinson just south of Houston. But still very close to the Houston border. Mac Haik Ford also has many on their website with sale prices on them.

It may be closer for you & they're a bigger dealership with more options. But definitely check out McRee if you decide to head to the Houston area.
Thank for the link; and yeah, I actually looked at MacHaik, in Georgetown that is.
I actually got mine at Leif Johnson Ford, much closer to downtown Austin.
As it so turns out, I looked at my sales paper and I got some discount, $1000. It's not much, but I thought I paid full price.

I am heading down to Houston soon for vacation; I wish I would have known about McRee and Mac Haik in Houston. I could have used their sales and offers as leverage on the guys here in Austin.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Thank for the link; and yeah, I actually looked at MacHaik, in Georgetown that is.
I actually got mine at Leif Johnson Ford, much closer to downtown Austin.
As it so turns out, I looked at my sales paper and I got some discount, $1000. It's not much, but I thought I paid full price.

I am heading down to Houston soon for vacation; I wish I would have known about McRee and Mac Haik in Houston. I could have used their sales and offers as leverage on the guys here in Austin.

Well congrat's on picking one up! The $1,000-discount is the current factory rebate Ford seems to be offering in Texas. Not all areas are getting $1K. On the Fordvehicle website you can enter your zip code & see what kinds of rebates are being offered locally. $1k is the rebate in my area as well. Mine should be here next week(crosses fingers) hopefully.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

no offense, but maybe you should wait to land your career.

I also just recently graduated (Aug 09), been working since January (engineering position), living at home, and I only bought an 11 v6.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

X-plan is a friends and family program. You do not need to be related to a Ford employee to get an X-Plan PIN number. All you need to do is provide the last 4 digits of your SSN to your "sponser". All dealers nationwide must give you the X-Plan price as this is a corporate program.

Hell, I got my X-Plan PIN number from a fellow MF'er from Michigan on this forum - this is a guy that I never met. I bought my '08 GT that stickered at $31,800 for $26,000 out-the-door with 1.9% financing!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Supermans
I though that the brochure cash and the bonus cash could not be used together? That is what I was told when I brought it in..
You get one private offer which can be combined with all public offers. You just cant combine two private offers.

You should have gotten $500 Bonus Cash (Public) + $750 Brochure (Private). Their were two different subsidized financing programs at one time. Both were 0.0% on 36 months but on 48, 60 and 72 one was 1% higher. The lowest one was not $500 Bonus cash eligible. Check with Ford and see what you were entitled to. They should mail you a check if the dealer failed to give you your rebate.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
X-plan is a friends and family program. You do not need to be related to a Ford employee to get an X-Plan PIN number. All you need to do is provide the last 4 digits of your SSN to your "sponser". All dealers nationwide must give you the X-Plan price as this is a corporate program.

Hell, I got my X-Plan PIN number from a fellow MF'er from Michigan on this forum - this is a guy that I never met. I bought my '08 GT that stickered at $31,800 for $26,000 out-the-door with 1.9% financing!
QUOTE:
The X-Plan program is available through all participating USA dealerships, however dealer participation is voluntary.

Last edited by Gene K; 08-12-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Test drove the 5.0...holy $hit! What is the lowest I can get a GT for???