Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Whipple/FRPP 5.0L GT Supercharger Kits are here!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Whipple/FRPP 5.0L GT Supercharger Kits are here!!

Lethal Performance is proud to announce that we're now taking orders for the Whipple/FRPP 2.3L Intercooled Supercharger Kits for the 2011 5.0L Mustang GT. These kits will start shipping next week.

There's a few ways to purchase the kit. All of which are listed on our site and can be seen by following the link below.

Whipple : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

The complete kits come with everything you need to install and drive and comes in both 525hp and 624hp versions.

The complete kits will include:
-2.3L twin-screw supercharger assembly
-Intake manifold
-Complete air-to-liquid intercooler system
-Drive belt
-47 lb./hr., high-impedance fuel injectors (M-9593-LU47)
-Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration
-12 month /12,000 mile warranty (when installed by a Ford or Lincoln dealer)

Tuner kits will include everything mentioned above except for the Procal Tuner, Fuel Injectors and Supercharger Pulley

The 525hp kit produces 525 SAE hp @ 6400 rpm and 470 SAE lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm, at approximately 7 psi of boost with 93 octane fuel

The 624hp kit produces 624 SAE hp @ 6900 rpm and 536 SAE lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm, at approximately 9 psi of boost with 93 octane fuel

Some other features of the kit are:

* Simple bolt-on system
* Instant boost, zero lag time for incredible throttle response
* Shelby GT500 factory throttle body
* Revolutionary W140ax Gen 2 Whipple twin-screw supercharger
* Massive bar-plate aluminum intercooler for superior cooling
* Custom 47lb/hr fuel injectors
* Twin screw supercharger is the most efficient SC on the market
* Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan
* Exclusive high flow factory air box style system
* Ford Racing flash programmer for industry leading power, reliability and durability
* Zero tuning required, all pre-set
* Available for manual and auto transmission equipped vehicles

If you have any questions about these kits or would like to place an order for one please feel free to give us a call and we'll do our best to help you out.

STAY TUNED as well as we'll be receiving our kit this week too. We'll be doing lots of testing which you'll all be able to read all about in an up and coming issue of 5.0 Mustang and SuperFords Magazine courtesy of Steve Turner

Thanks, Jared
Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Somebody already beat you to the punch, check out this thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...orsepower.html
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Somebody already beat you to the punch, check out this thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...orsepower.html
Actually no one beat me to anything.If anything I'm probably the first person to ever speak about this kit on the forums before it became reality. I've known about this kit for years ever since Whipple got the deal with FRPP to do the kit. I was actually with Art and Dustin Whipple that evening celebrating at Ruth Chris steak house in Las Vegas. I've also been posting about this for months even before any info was released by FRPP.

Here..
https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...ustang-gt.html
http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6...-gt/index.html
Old 08-21-2010, 07:48 AM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
Actually no one beat me to anything.If anything I'm probably the first person to ever speak about this kit on the forums before it became reality. I've known about this kit for years ever since Whipple got the deal with FRPP to do the kit. I was actually with Art and Dustin Whipple that evening celebrating at Ruth Chris steak house in Las Vegas. I've also been posting about this for months even before any info was released by FRPP.

Here..
https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...ustang-gt.html
http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6...-gt/index.html
As Peter Griffin would say, in your face, in your face, in you face kit sounds good can't wait to see people slap it on
Old 08-21-2010, 02:39 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I want to see the dyno charts. What I really want to see is a broad and flat as possible torque curve, where the engine is pumping out 520ft-lbs as much as possible, that is what will allow you to accelerate like a demon and hit that top speed.

Two cars capable of going 160MPH says nothing. If one car can get to the 160MPH twice as fast as the other car, then the one that got there in half the time has a superior torque curve, and not necessarily a massively high advertised HP.

I'm going to read his other links he posted, I hope the whipple will have a dyno chart somewhere when on the Coyote.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Just to make everyone aware as not many people know the new FRPP/Whipple kit for the 2011 5.0L mustang GT uses the stock 07-10 GT500 throttle body. What that means is that any aftermarket throttle body such as the Whipple Mono/Supermono, L&M 66 and 72mm throttle bodies as well as VMP's and FRPP's CJ throttle bodies will all bolt right up and be an excellent upgrade for this blower kit. We all know removing inlet restrictions on a twin screw supercharger yields big gains.

Here's a link to all of the throttle bodies offered as an upgrade to the 2011 FRPP/WHIPPLE kit.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...5711_5771_5778

Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks, Jared
Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 AM
FWP!
2nd Gear Member

Waaaaaaaaaay too rich for my blood
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM
bigjohns97

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I want to see the dyno charts. What I really want to see is a broad and flat as possible torque curve, where the engine is pumping out 520ft-lbs as much as possible, that is what will allow you to accelerate like a demon and hit that top speed.

Two cars capable of going 160MPH says nothing. If one car can get to the 160MPH twice as fast as the other car, then the one that got there in half the time has a superior torque curve, and not necessarily a massively high advertised HP.

I'm going to read his other links he posted, I hope the whipple will have a dyno chart somewhere when on the Coyote.
This is exactly what i am looking for and judging from the lack of responces in this area i would bet that it doesn't exist.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigjohns97
This is exactly what i am looking for and judging from the lack of responces in this area i would bet that it doesn't exist.
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...ple9psiSAE.jpg

9psi, 543/466 SAE. Tests done at 90 °F ambient, engine at full temp. 93 octane.

Happy now? :-)
Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Our 624hp kit just arrived!! I'll be posting pics in just a few. Working on them now.

WHIPPLE TIME!!

Quick Reply: Whipple/FRPP 5.0L GT Supercharger Kits are here!!