Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Performance white, Grabber blue, or Kona Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

rebel 302, what is the 401A package? every time i build and price one it says something about that and i never know what it is.

another question i have is how easy is the E brake to pull up. i know on my 05 its quite tough.

and my Gf is only a minor influence on my purchase, at the end of the day, i know its down to me and even if she doesnt like my choice, its my car lol.

PDONKET: your grabber blue stang is gorgeous, ahhh i just cant decide
Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
rebel 302, what is the 401A package? every time i build and price one it says something about that and i never know what it is.

another question i have is how easy is the E brake to pull up. i know on my 05 its quite tough.

and my Gf is only a minor influence on my purchase, at the end of the day, i know its down to me and even if she doesnt like my choice, its my car lol.

PDONKET: your grabber blue stang is gorgeous, ahhh i just cant decide
The 401A package I believe is mostly just a package that changes your interior seats from the norm to ones with a color accent, along with a few other color accents inside of the car. I considered getting that package with grabber blue interior accents, but unfortunately if you do that, you can't also get a tape stripe

As for the E Brake, it is pretty tough to pull up on the 11. Nothing completely unmanageable but I've certainly sat in a number of cars with far easier to pull E-brakes.

And thanks!! Those were just some quick shots the day I picked her up! I've been meaning to get around to taking some more since I clayed and waxed her
Old 10-25-2010, 10:07 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Like another poster said, they pretty much all look great IMO. I love the Kona Blue and perhaps would have bought it, but my '65 is Caspian Blue, so I went with the Race Red instead.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Kona isn't as subtle as one would think...definitely catches the eye
Old 10-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
The 401A package is an interior upgrade. I'm not exactly sure if the leather is of better grade than the stock interior, but the stock leather is textured & a little rough where as the 401A leather is very smooth. It looks & feels nicer. The package also includes leather seats with accent stripes, there's a unique door trim with Pony badge, dark aluminum instrument panel, & metal shift **** for manuals. It's only $395 & well worth it in my opinion. The stock interior is fine, but I just liked the 401A better. Check it out for yourself & see.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Grabber Blue FTW. It is a really unique color that stands out from the crowd. Kona is just too purple at sunset for me to live with.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Spd2Stang

Originally Posted by Rebel302
The 401A package is an interior upgrade. I'm not exactly sure if the leather is of better grade than the stock interior, but the stock leather is textured & a little rough where as the 401A leather is very smooth. It looks & feels nicer. The package also includes leather seats with accent stripes, there's a unique door trim with Pony badge, dark aluminum instrument panel, & metal shift **** for manuals. It's only $395 & well worth it in my opinion. The stock interior is fine, but I just liked the 401A better. Check it out for yourself & see.
I went with the 400a option but i dig the shift **** in the package you have. Any idea where i can get one aftermarkert simular to that one included in that package?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
5ohwhoa

I had the same decision.

Grabber Blue is a nice color, but it's a bit too flamboyant for me and attracts too much attention. Kona is more understated and mature, but looks absolutely awesome in bright sun light and at night.

Needless to say, I ended up with Kona.

Kona is just too purple at sunset for me to live with.
In the pictures I've taken, it looks more black than purple to me.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

The only issue I had with the 401A package was the color accent.. it's grabber blue.. which is fine, but doesn't match my car. With a grabber blue car.. it looks nice.. but looked funny in the black and kona blue cars I have seen. I actually prefer the stiffer textured leather that comes with the premium.. seems like it will last longer.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

If you like stripes and other sticker detail packages, go with the Grabber blue, and use Matte Black, and you can end up with an awesome looking ride. (Think 70 Mach1s and BOSSes.) If you prefer not to add stripes, I say go with the Kona as I think it stands up better on its own.

White... well, that makes it look like a rental, so I'd stay away from that period.

Quick Reply: Performance white, Grabber blue, or Kona Blue