Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

supercharging the new 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:10 AM
acrbill

I have my eye on the procharger. No cutting or hacking anything. Upgrade to the D1sc and it makes serious power. Couple it with a 4.10 gear and watch out.

I'm waiting to see if they drop in price. Dallas Mustang has the kit for $5k or $4,400 for the tuner kit both which are fair prices. If a sale hits and drops the price a few hundred I'll jump right on it.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:39 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Call me the idiot guinea pig who's goin' out to blow his motor up, I'll let you guys know how I make out. Procharger gets installed Monday. And ACR, keep something in mind, the Stage I kit is great, and thats what I went for. However, I had the opportunity to speak with someone involved with the original data log on the car, and if you don't figure out some type of hardware modification to fit that intercooler lower, it doesn't get enough air. As a result, I think you're going to find yourself wanting to hack the bumper to hang it lower.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 AM
zilla8
1st Gear Member

Thats great CJ keep us posted on your install.Are you saying they are going to modify your bumper to hang the intercooler lower?

I know with the stage II kit you have to do some modification to the stock bumper to fit the larger intercooler.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:44 PM
acrbill

I emailed JPC and asked about their Novi 2200 kit. They said the intercooler is large and requires some trimming of the bumper. I don't mind trimming what is not seen but if it means the IC hangs below the bumper then I'll figure something else out.

I am a big fan of water/meth injection so I would probably go that route.

I am looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Procharger.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

Yep, keep us posted on how the mod goes and how well the engine holds up. I doubt it will effect the life of the engine that greatly but it's good to know before I make the investment.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

I absolutely will. Monday is the day for the install, and then a dyno tune. And Zilla, what I'm doing is essentially the same thing as the stage two kit, minus the H20. If you look at the mounting brackets for the stage 1 intercooler, you can easily create a bracket to hang it lower. And that'll require trimming of the bumper. We'll see how it goes, I'm pretty damn excited, I gotta tell ya. I'm upgrading the wheel and tire pkg this afternoon, 18x9 /18x10 Saleen Replicas, 295/45 in the rear, to put the power to the ground. THIS HAS BECOME ONE CRAZY BUILD.

Last edited by CJStang50; 12-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 AM
zilla8
1st Gear Member

Man CJ looks like Xmas has come early for you
you have a impressive list of mods already and the SC will only add to it.

I'll be sure to check in on Monday to see how the install went.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this picture I took today, while doin the install on the new rubber. It's the Stage 1 ProCharger Intercooler. If you notice at the top, you'll see the upper mounting bracket. What I wanna do is fabricate an extension for that bracket to move it lower, which is what will require the cutting of the bumper. My mechanic seems to think extending hoses won't prove difficult. We'll see. I've also included a pic of the new rubber and wheels, taken from my crappy cell phone camera. More pics to come.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] SlammedSaleens by cameronjarki, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] SlammedRear by cameronjarki, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] Fender Flare by cameronjarki, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by CJStang50; 12-04-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Added Images
Old 12-04-2010, 08:30 AM
zilla8
1st Gear Member

I dig the new wheels.I keep having people trying to sell me 20" wheels/tires but I don't want anything larger then 19".I like the stance with your combo and those black Saleens look killer on your 5.0
Old 12-05-2010, 12:57 AM
qboy

Is the Kenny Bell kit going to be faster accelerating than a procharger?

Quick Reply: supercharging the new 5.0