Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Clutch and Transmission Fix Coming

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 PM
jmatero
1st Gear Member

Default 2011 Clutch and Transmission Fix Coming

I contacted my Ford Customer Care Rep last night (who has been EXCELLENT through all of this). I gave her a detailed account of everything that has happened so far along with the links to the sticky transmission and clutch threads at allfordmustangs.com. In my email I asked whether I should bring the car in for a third repair attempt or wait until Ford has a proven fix they can roll out. She forwarded all of the info to the Ford Technician on site and the Ford Engineer for the San Francisco Bay area region. The technician's advice was to hold tight and wait for "the engineering fix to be released".

My advice to anyone in the same boat: PM Deysha on the allfordmustangs sticky about the transmission issues, who will put you in touch with a Ford Customer Care Rep and assign a case number.

If you had a fix applied that didn't work or you have a case number and for whatever reason your problem still exists, hold tight.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
jmatero
1st Gear Member

Update:

Ford is trying different fluids and revised parts right now according to my rep. She arranged to have the regional tech meet me with the service advisor at the dealer Wednesday morning because, while I'm getting the grinding, they think on my car this may be the fault of the clutch. Stay Tuned!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Good to hear that they are taking care of you. And if they cannot get it right this time, it might be time to ask for the dealership to just drop your tranny and replace it with a totally different brand new MT82 and clutch. Possible even a flywheel too.

Sorry to hear about your problems, and I have not had any problems as drastic as yours. This component being made in China falls into what I said before: It is hit or miss. You could get one that is perfectly okay, and you could get another that is a failure.
Whether it is inconsistent quality standards, I guess when Ford analyzes your tranny, they will find out. If it is a case of inconsistent quality standard, due to laziness or the factory possible even trying to cheat by cutting corners, I do hope that Ford gives Getrag a reprimand for not doing proper supervision and spot checks of random trannies off the line to make sure everything is made to proper specs.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles.....if the problem persists and it's really irritating you....I would get a lawyer....they will put a new tranny in for you plus sue them for the attorney fees or depending on how many times they didn't fix the issue you could use the lemon law and either get a new car or they will refund your money. Just make sure you document everytime you have a problem.....pen and notebook is fine and save all your warranty information from the dealer and have them state what work was performed on your receipt. Good luck......I have seen this done before in the past....lemon law is very consumer friendly. Some dealerships will take advantage and some dealerships are very honorable and sympathetic to the customers situation.