Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Can Steeda CAI w/ OEM Tune REALLY kill my Coyote??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Long Stroke

For the 10 minutes (Maybe) it takes to remove the Steeda intake and throw the stocker on just do it.

On the other hand, make sure there is NO RUBBER in your rear fender wells. Thats a sign of abusive driving and will void your warrantee.

BTW, I bet your gear box whines in 1-4 and in 6th, but not 5th? Sound correct? It's too much play in your counter shaft. If they can't fix it, they should replace your gear box FOC.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Long Stroke
For the 10 minutes (Maybe) it takes to remove the Steeda intake and throw the stocker on just do it.

On the other hand, make sure there is NO RUBBER in your rear fender wells. Thats a sign of abusive driving and will void your warrantee.

BTW, I bet your gear box whines in 1-4 and in 6th, but not 5th? Sound correct? It's too much play in your counter shaft. If they can't fix it, they should replace your gear box FOC.
INCORRECT.
NOTHING and I mean nothing can void your warranty, EVER.
A dealer can choose to NOT COVER something IF they can prove that an aftermarket part caused something to go wrong or if you abused it.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Hey man, folks on this board are way too impressionable to be joking about voiding their warranty for rubber on the rear fender.

To clarify for anyone reading - no, your warranty cannot be void for something like that, lol..
Old 01-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Long Stroke

I know for a FACT my warranty got denied because of the rubber in my rear fenderwells. It was a sign of abusive driving which canceled it. I won the fact that the pulleys, k&n and exhaust all helped gas mileage. I had tore up the shift forks in my T5 and that's why I brought it in. I still own the fox.

Now if there is a recall on something then that's a different story.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

I know for a FACT my warranty got denied because of the rubber in my rear fenderwells. It was a sign of abusive driving which canceled it. I won the fact that the pulleys, k&n and exhaust all helped gas mileage. I had tore up the shift forks in my T5 and that's why I brought it in. I still own the fox.

It is the LAW. Your warranty can NEVER be voided.
They can CHOOSE to not cover an issue, but can NOT void your warranty.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

There is a vast difference between some stupid mechanic telling you your warranty is void, and it actually happening.

Rubber naturally degrades over time, tires spin due to ice, being cold out, etc. It's highly unlikely you'd never have rubber end up on the rear fender in a rear wheel drive car over the course of it's lifetime, when driven in any kind of frequency.

You got lied to - unfortunately that's the only fact here.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

It is time for you to escalate the issue. Just as Vista said, rubber on the fender is NOT PROOF of abusive driving. And if the dealer/authorized Ford shop wrongfully denied you service, go to the manager in charge and demand service.

Those morons MUST first PROVE that whatever mods you put on caused the failure. And for abusive driving, they must also prove that too, and rubber on the fender is not enough.

If no action is given then, it would be time to make a formal complaint to Ford Customer Relations. They will crack the whip and get the ball rolling.

And if anyone ever dares to tell you that your warranty is void, ever, on ANY car, be it a Chevy, Dodge, or even the S***tyest Kia, say this number to them: 15 U.S.C. § 2301. The is the Federal LAW that ensures our warranties and consumer protection.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Long Stroke

Your right the entire warranty didn't go out the window. But I did leave the Ford dealership with my car on a flat bed with the transmission issue now being my responsibility 100%.

Trust me, there was plenty of melted rubber in the fenderwell and in my paperwork that's what stated voided my repair. I lived in south Florida at the time and it rarely gets cold there and no such thing as ice. This goes back so many years ago.

Back to the OP, good luck with your car. The issue I mentioned in my first post with the tranny making noises in 1-4 and 6th gears only was a separate issue we had with our in house 2011 5 liter. There is a issue going around with them.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:20 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Your right the entire warranty didn't go out the window. But I did leave the Ford dealership with my car on a flat bed with the transmission issue now being my responsibility 100%.

Trust me, there was plenty of melted rubber in the fenderwell and in my paperwork that's what stated voided my repair. I lived in south Florida at the time and it rarely gets cold there and no such thing as ice. This goes back so many years ago.
If they had grounds to dare claim rubber on the fender well as proof of abusive driving, you must have really re-textured the inner fenders with some slicks.

Hell, you should have told them that is a spray-on coating to reduce noise!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Long Stroke

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
If they had grounds to dare claim rubber on the fender well as proof of abusive driving, you must have really re-textured the inner fenders with some slicks.

Hell, you should have told them that is a spray-on coating to reduce noise!
LOL, yes at the time I had well over 100 passes on slicks, back then some 26x10" slicks.

I like your thinking though, thats pretty good.

Quick Reply: Can Steeda CAI w/ OEM Tune REALLY kill my Coyote??