Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I thought the track pack was a 2010 option only and that most of that stuff was incorporated into the 2011's by default. Am I wrong? My 2011 with the brembo package and 3.73 gears has the strut tower brace. No mention of a track pack on the window sticker. Please define the 2011 track pack.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:18 AM
sugarprobe

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
I thought the track pack was a 2010 option only and that most of that stuff was incorporated into the 2011's by default. Am I wrong? My 2011 with the brembo package and 3.73 gears has the strut tower brace. No mention of a track pack on the window sticker. Please define the 2011 track pack.
You are right. I don't believe they actually call it a Track Pack with the 11's. I recall hearing GT performance package? But if you get the brembo package that gets you the Strut brace, 3.73's limited slip, 19" / wider wheels with summer only 255 perelli's, the ecu is tuned different, and sportier suspension.

I drove a non brembo package with 18" wheels & 3.73's back to back with my Brembo optioned car and the ride was night and day ( much softer in the non brembo ). The stopping power was far better. Body roll was much less and really feels flat in hi speed cornering or when hanging the rear out sideways. Nose dive was more pronounced in my brembo.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:53 AM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sugarprobe
If you get the track pack you get a strut brace.
You are right. I don't believe they actually call it a Track Pack with the 11's. I recall hearing GT performance package? But if you get the brembo package that gets you the Strut brace, 3.73's limited slip, 19" / wider wheels with summer only 255 perelli's, the ecu is tuned different, and sportier suspension.

I drove a non brembo package with 18" wheels & 3.73's back to back with my Brembo optioned car and the ride was night and day ( much softer in the non brembo ). The stopping power was far better. Body roll was much less and really feels flat in hi speed cornering or when hanging the rear out sideways. Nose dive was more pronounced in my brembo.
^ Not trying to be a jerk, but you've provided so much bad information I have to correct you. There is no '11 "Track Pack". All GT's with Brembos, all GT/CS, all GT verts, and all GT's with upgraded 19" wheels get the strut tower brace. The Brembo package does NOT get you 3.73's. Standard Brembo cars get 3.31's just like any other manual GT. To get 3.73's or 3.55's, you have to option the car with them. If you don't actually know what you're talking about, please don't post like you do. Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk. People come here looking for the correct answers.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:01 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, but I sure would like to know exactly what suspension parts are different aside from the strut brace. I will start a new thread for that. Sorry for hijacking this one.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
sugarprobe

Originally Posted by jsnyng
^ Not trying to be a jerk, but you've provided so much bad information I have to correct you. There is no '11 "Track Pack". All GT's with Brembos, all GT/CS, all GT verts, and all GT's with upgraded 19" wheels get the strut tower brace. The Brembo package does NOT get you 3.73's. Standard Brembo cars get 3.31's just like any other manual GT. To get 3.73's or 3.55's, you have to option the car with them. If you don't actually know what you're talking about, please don't post like you do. Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk. People come here looking for the correct answers.
Fair enough. I was told this from my dealer. Your right about the 19's but partially right. There is only one factory wheel that fits over the Brembo's. From what I was told Brembo is not a option on the Verts either.
Since you seem to know so much, Fill us in. I'm not trying to be a Jerk either. But are you saying suspension is the same for the Non Brembo Cars?
I also said they don't call it a track pack. I looked at 2 other GT's one was a vert and did NOT have 19's & did have the Brace and the other was a coupe with 19's & no Strut brace. What was the deal with that?.
And out of all the cars I looked at before buying NOT 1 of them had Brembo's with any other gear than 3.73's.
Once again I'm not trying to be a jerk either. I can give you the DEALER phone number that told me this info. Maybe you can bust his nuts?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Thanks, but I sure would like to know exactly what suspension parts are different aside from the strut brace. I will start a new thread for that. Sorry for hijacking this one.
Please, pretty please don't. It's been beaten to death. Read this link.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Fair enough. I was told this from my dealer. Your right about the 19's but partially right.
Nope, I was 100% correct. Go back and read what I wrote.

There is only one factory wheel that fits over the Brembo's.
I never said there were other factory wheel options on the Brembos. I don't know where you got that from.

From what I was told Brembo is not a option on the Verts either.
You were told bad information. Lots of '11 verts with Brembos are out there.

Since you seem to know so much, Fill us in. I'm not trying to be a Jerk either. But are you saying suspension is the same for the Non Brembo Cars?
Nope. The link I posted was to a thread that is 9 pages long detailing the differences.

I also said they don't call it a track pack.
In your 2nd post. In your first one, you definitely called it the track pack.

I looked at 2 other GT's one was a vert and did NOT have 19's & did have the Brace and the other was a coupe with 19's & no Strut brace. What was the deal with that?.
Reading comprehension buddy. I said all GT verts got the brace. Go back and read it. I never said anything about verts having to have 19" wheels. As for the 19's and no brace, it could have been a dealer added accessory and not a factory installed wheel option.

And out of all the cars I looked at before buying NOT 1 of them had Brembo's with any other gear than 3.73's.
Once again I'm not trying to be a jerk either. I can give you the DEALER phone number that told me this info. Maybe you can bust his nuts?
You should find another dealer who doesn't give you such bad information. I personally know several people who have '11 GT Brembo cars that do NOT have 3.73's. I prefer to continue busting you in the nuts, so I don't need to talk to your dealer. You can't see facial expressions or clearly read somebody's intent over the internet, so twice I told you I wasn't being a jerk to you and was correcting the bad information you're passing along.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

on a side note, the 19 in wheels, and better tires will make the car seem and feel like it has a better suspension, the suspension is the same, the brembo package comes with the wheels for caliper clearence.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
sugarprobe

Originally Posted by jsnyng
Nope, I was 100% correct. Go back and read what I wrote.

I never said there were other factory wheel options on the Brembos. I don't know where you got that from.

You were told bad information. Lots of '11 verts with Brembos are out there.

Nope. The link I posted was to a thread that is 9 pages long detailing the differences.

In your 2nd post. In your first one, you definitely called it the track pack.

Reading comprehension buddy. I said all GT verts got the brace. Go back and read it. I never said anything about verts having to have 19" wheels. As for the 19's and no brace, it could have been a dealer added accessory and not a factory installed wheel option.

You should find another dealer who doesn't give you such bad information. I personally know several people who have '11 GT Brembo cars that do NOT have 3.73's. I prefer to continue busting you in the nuts, so I don't need to talk to your dealer. You can't see facial expressions or clearly read somebody's intent over the internet, so twice I told you I wasn't being a jerk to you and was correcting the bad information you're passing along.
and I also told you I wasn't being a jerk. When you have proof of your knowledge please post. Once again I'm not being a jerk. You can say you had a hand in building the car but how do we know?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

and I also told you I wasn't being a jerk. When you have proof of your knowledge please post. Once again I'm not being a jerk. You can say you had a hand in building the car but how do we know?
The first attachment is a GT Coupe w/ Brembos and 3.31 gears STANDARD.

The second attachment is a GT Vert w/ Brembos and 3.31 gears STANDARD.

What more proof do you need? These pictures and configurations are coming straight from Ford's website.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order-screen-shot-2011-02-07-at-1.43.53-pm.jpg   2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order-screen-shot-2011-02-07-at-1.51.12-pm.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order