Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Driveline=DEAD

Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by chain1
Nice job back pedaling. Others may disagree but you're still a moron in my book. Dropping the clutch at 7k in 2nd gear with a broken tranny pretty much assured it in my book. And that was just a small part of your initial idiotic post.
Good luck. Glad to have you off the road even if just for the time being.
Anything else you wanna share from " your book " ? It sounds a lot like your opinion which isn't filled with anything logical or factual just what you think so I don't care to listen to it now or later when you try to make a controversy about anything else i've said. On a side note, I'm good at back pedaling, I was an all-discrict defensive back
Old 03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sterling5.0
.... I simply was meaning to laugh at the fact that this happened after 5400 miles right after I spanked my friend's Bolt On Chrysler 300C and an '10 GT. This is the least modded and the least powerful performance vehicle I have owned to date and have more respect and sense about how I operate and the condition in which , myself , operate the vehicle.
I sincerely apologize and hope to enjoy the rest of my stay on this forum.
Jay
Originally Posted by DRAGUL
Glad to see you were just kidding.
I should have seen this, actually, and considering that the most of us here on MF are a sarcastic bunch, your stay is definitely very welcome!

But yes, do let us know how things do turn out for you at the shop.

I have head of the clutch being stuck fully depressed at full RPM, and someone has posted that using a GT500 pedal assembly will fix it, but your locked in 2nd gear is definitely a puzzling one.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I should have seen this, actually, and considering that the most of us here on MF are a sarcastic bunch, your stay is definitely very welcome!

But yes, do let us know how things do turn out for you at the shop.

I have head of the clutch being stuck fully depressed at full RPM, and someone has posted that using a GT500 pedal assembly will fix it, but your locked in 2nd gear is definitely a puzzling one.
Well as of yesterday second gear is completely out , the deterent spring broke and got lodged or something like that. And if I still have problems with the new clutch assembly( the old one has a service bulletin on it being defective) then I could go to a GT500 assembly.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
The 5.0 is still new enough that there are only a handful of TSB's associated with it; the Clutch Stayout being one of them.
Although this thread was not started with the most eloquently stated words, these are 2 issues that have been encountered with the mt82 and clutch thus far. The first being that the tranny will lock in gear and not come out, but Ford's even been taking care of this for modded Mustangs too (JPC had theirs stick in 3rd due to a broken shift fork, which Ford replaced under warranty). The second being that the clutch stayout occurs at over 6,500 rpm, but ford supposedly resolved this with a fix pedal redesign and a stronger return spring. Hope this helps if anybody on here has had these issues.....even if you abuse the hell outta ur coyote LOL
Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by Big_T_Judge
Although this thread was not started with the most eloquently stated words, these are 2 issues that have been encountered with the mt82 and clutch thus far. The first being that the tranny will lock in gear and not come out, but Ford's even been taking care of this for modded Mustangs too (JPC had theirs stick in 3rd due to a broken shift fork, which Ford replaced under warranty). The second being that the clutch stayout occurs at over 6,500 rpm, but ford supposedly resolved this with a fix pedal redesign and a stronger return spring. Hope this helps if anybody on here has had these issues.....even if you abuse the hell outta ur coyote LOL
Did they seem to determine the cause of the gear lock? If the shift work broke then wouldn't it at least come OUT of gear? They're replacing second in my MT82 , I don't want to flat foot shift into 3rd and have the same exact thing happen. Is it a universal solution?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sterling5.0
Did they seem to determine the cause of the gear lock? If the shift work broke then wouldn't it at least come OUT of gear? They're replacing second in my MT82 , I don't want to flat foot shift into 3rd and have the same exact thing happen. Is it a universal solution?
It seems like your tranny issue isn't related to the shift fork, as you said the deterrent spring failed in 2nd. They didn't go into too much detail about what happened with their (JPC) shift fork, but depending on how it breaks, it could lock you in gear. Hopefully with whatever work they do with your clutch assembly, it's updated with the stronger return spring and fix pedal redesign. All I know is my 2012 better be delivered with these upgrades installed
Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by Big_T_Judge
It seems like your tranny issue isn't related to the shift fork, as you said the deterrent spring failed in 2nd. They didn't go into too much detail about what happened with their (JPC) shift fork, but depending on how it breaks, it could lock you in gear. Hopefully with whatever work they do with your clutch assembly, it's updated with the stronger return spring and fix pedal redesign. All I know is my 2012 better be delivered with these upgrades installed
They are replacing the clutch assembly and other parts according to the Service Bulletin. They replaced several gears and deterrent springs and had problems with a bearing setting and now there is a new tailhousing on the way. They should just replace the entire MF'in transmission.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:56 PM
kenstang11
1st Gear Member

Do you know which build dates will include the upgrades?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by kenstang11
Do you know which build dates will include the upgrades?

Thanks,
Ken
Before 4/25/10 I believe ? Don't quote me