Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I think it's different after seeing it discussed somewhere else. Someone related it to this, it's like having a turbo that doesn't make any BOV noise, but you add a speaker to the car that makes the noise, yes you are making the noise, and yes you have a turbo.

The reason you can get the 2011+ to sound like it has big lobe cams is because you can in fact make the car ACT like it has big lobe cams. The power from what i've read shifts to the upper RPMs and feels very similar to actually camming the car. All the tune is doing is playing with the timing of already big lobed cams in the 5.0, rather than on the older models you had to add big lobed cams to actually get that noise.

It would be one thing if it weren't being created by the car, but in this case, it's the car, not audio equipment that's making the sound occur.
AMEN man! any update on the release date for this?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:20 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Hey Guys,

SCT's software is currently missing crucial parameters that we need to keep cars from stalling or having idle issues. You'll notice that 99% of the dealers who sell SCT tunes aren't selling this idle option yet. We haven't been able to work on it in weeks.

When we originally started this thread, the ETA was going to be about a week. We got a week into it, completed everything we could and realized SCT is missing parameters that we need added to the database. We've been at a stand-still since then (as well as all the other SCT dealers out there).

I hope you nobody based their entire reasoning for purchasing a custom tuner around a novelty tune that makes your car sound like it has a cam. However, we're not here to trick people into buying our products. If you purchased your tuner specifically waiting for the ghost cam file (date purchased after this thread was started) and want to return it because it hasn't come out yet, call us up and we'll set up a return for it. Otherwise, you can enjoy your tunes and wait until this is released down the road, if/when SCT gets ahold of the necessary parameters.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I wonder if the OEM FoMoCo is giving them grief for this before releaseing the parameters?

Nothing would suck more than to end up with engine problems down the line for something like this. I realize Ford is not directly involved but they are the ones who give access to the PCM/ECM for the aftermarket. Maybe the paramters are proprietary?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Hey Guys,

SCT's software is currently missing crucial parameters that we need to keep cars from stalling or having idle issues. You'll notice that 99% of the dealers who sell SCT tunes aren't selling this idle option yet. We haven't been able to work on it in weeks.

When we originally started this thread, the ETA was going to be about a week. We got a week into it, completed everything we could and realized SCT is missing parameters that we need added to the database. We've been at a stand-still since then (as well as all the other SCT dealers out there).

I hope you nobody based their entire reasoning for purchasing a custom tuner around a novelty tune that makes your car sound like it has a cam. However, we're not here to trick people into buying our products. If you purchased your tuner specifically waiting for the ghost cam file (date purchased after this thread was started) and want to return it because it hasn't come out yet, call us up and we'll set up a return for it. Otherwise, you can enjoy your tunes and wait until this is released down the road, if/when SCT gets ahold of the necessary parameters.

Hope this helps!

Chris
As someone who's obviously into the aftermarket quite a bit, I can tell you that what he's saying isn't 100% percent truthful. And that's not the first time I've experienced an "untruth" from American Muscle. They did the same thing recently to me when, they assured me that they'd send my L&M throttle body out "today" and then told me I'd have to wait weeks. And then were rude, despite me spending THOUSANDS with them on my car.

The truth is that both SCT and BAMA couldn't get the cars to stop stalling. Additionally, Ford was irritated because their cammed idle on the BOSS, with the TRAC KEY, is patented. So then, I think that this, in conjunction with the fact that THEY COULDN'T GET THE CAR TO NOT STALL, is why they didn't deliver (again, in my book). Now, if you were one of the lucky few who opted for the Lund Racing Tune, you'd see that your car doesn't stall, because Lund was able to devise a tune with hidden parameters to fix it. Despite the "missing crucial parameters" that Chris referenced. I guess they weren't so crucial after all, 'cuz my car runs like a champ. IMO their inability to produce was a function of inexperience, rather than manufacturer error.

Sometimes big companies get a little too large and lose their customer service orientation, as evident by my experience.

Last edited by CJStang50; 05-26-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 AM
justin205

Bama did you guys fiqure out the tune?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Bump,
Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burns331
Bump,
A tuner by the name of Shaun at AED tuning figured out how to make this ghost cam tune from scratch using SCTs software. He recently sold the file to SCT for distribution. So if Bama is smart, they will buy a copy of this and make it available to their customers. I for one will buy one as soon as its available. And Shauns tune is completely different from the Lund debacle tune. His drives correctly and wont be throwing any codes, lights or otherwise. You can get the tune directly from him at this moment, or wait for other tuners to get their hands on it. I talked to Shaun directly several times about this. He sold it to SCT at PRI a few weeks ago. Congrats Shaun.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxqLvczmocE
Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Isn't Shaun the one a few people have come on here claiming has blown up their engines with his tune?
Old 12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

We've been working on cam idle tunes for a long time ourselves. We've come a long way and we are just working on driveability at this point. I don't have a firm ETA, but the way testing is going we could probably release ours in January.