Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

How long did it take for you to get your ordered mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
FourCam

Did the deal and I'm a proud new papa!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:37 PM
FourCam

Oh yeah, to finally get back on topic:

ordered 5/30/11
built 6/27/11
delivered 7/13/11.

Total time: 44 days.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

ah congrats on that working out for you. looks like most people are getting shorter delivery times. I wonder if there was a delay in the early 2012s getting ordered due to the changes, now it sounds like everyone is getting theirs within 2 months.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FourCam
So, I went to pick up my new car last night. 6 weeks ago when I placed my order, the dealer, let's call them SUPER FORD in INDUSTRY, CA (FORMERLY PUENTE HILLS FORD), offered me $22,500 for my trade (a '10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in perfect condition). I knew that their offer might change a little after six weeks and I was OK with that. I spoke to the fleet guy on Tuesday (the day before delivery) and he said that the offer shouldn't change more than a couple hundred bucks. So I show up and they start in with the "gee, trade values have really gone down..." and offered me SEVENTEEN THOUSAND. I'll let you do the math here. I don't know why they even wasted the ink writing that number on paper. There are only about three reasons I can come up with for this:
  • They're completely clueless;
  • We had already agreed on a price and they got a better offer;
  • They just didn't like me and would not do business with me, period.
So, back to the drawing board, I guess. There aren't any cars within about 150 miles that are anything like what I want. I'm a bit concerned about getting my $500 deposit back after they pulled that little stunt. I'm really bummed.
Got to have the trade-in in writing, otherwise, the stealer will try you shaft you as in your case.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM
FourCam

Originally Posted by flash gordon
Got to have the trade-in in writing, otherwise, the stealer will try you shaft you as in your case.
Yeah, I tried that but they wouldn't do it because it would be six to eight weeks from the initial appraisal until my car got delivered and frankly, I could understand that things might change. I just didn't think they'd change by $5,500. $300 to $500, sure. I doubt that any dealership would guarantee a trade appraisal for eight weeks. They'd be crazy to.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

well the screwed up thing is I keep reading these reports of how used car sale prices are way up. The dealership is just trying to take advantage of you because they convince you that you have to buy the car, and they know you really want it.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 AM
FourCam

well the screwed up thing is I keep reading these reports of how used car sale prices are way up.
As do I.

The dealership is just trying to take advantage of you because they convince you that you have to buy the car, and they know you really want it.
Well, that's a bit of a cynical view, but I suppose there's probably some truth to it. In my case, I did get a couple of supposedly 'objective' appraisals from Intelliprice ($15,635 to $19,290) and autotrader.com (right at $20k). I couldn't say that either of these sources were trying to take advantage of me since they didn't really have a dog in the fight. But, they both came back pretty low. The average of Kelly/Edmunds/NADA trade values was $22,200. I ended up taking $21k from Carmax. So, the values vary wildly. I could have gotten $22,500 from the Ford dealer when I ordered my Mustang because they had a buyer lined up right then. As it turns out, I should have done that and just driven my pickup for six weeks until my car got delivered. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FourCam
Yeah, I tried that but they wouldn't do it because it would be six to eight weeks from the initial appraisal until my car got delivered and frankly, I could understand that things might change. I just didn't think they'd change by $5,500. $300 to $500, sure. I doubt that any dealership would guarantee a trade appraisal for eight weeks. They'd be crazy to.
They would be crazy to. People have two choices. Trade your car in NOW or take what they give you when your car arrives. I was going through the same thing before I decided to just buy an 11 off the lot.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
FourCam

Yeah, but it turned out all right for me. I only got mildly hosed. Loving my new car!!! But, it's been really hard to keep my foot out of it during break-in.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Ingot Silver GT

Ordered 07/08/11
Built TBD
Delivered TBD

Waiting....