Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Help me negotiate for my car at dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:04 AM
1qwik96

Default Help me negotiate for my car at dealer!

ok, long story short im in the market for a 2011-2012 GT. One dealer "found" one a black 2011 at another dealer, came in, put a deposit on it, came back and said "oh sorry that one is sold, but ill find you one give me a day." So i did, he calls he "found" another, different color but with both brembos and 3.73's. I go in and again after even signing the buyer app (NOT the contract) that one is sold too. He tells me that the system is updated as they are sold so when they call the car isnt there sometimes. Now im getting frustrated and after they show little effort after that (no one even called while they had a 1000 deposit of mine to say they are looking) i took my business elsewhere.
Fast foward i go to another dealer, and im on x plan but they have a car on their lot. a white 2012, my x plan sounds good, the numbers are working for me, only no brembos just 3.73's. i sign everything, even the contract. I can pick it up next day (saturday morning)
Imagine my surprise instead of hey your car is in i got "it was a factory built car for someone else and someone goofed on the paperwork"
so the car that was to be mine is now someone elses or should i say, never was mine and someone probaly just offered more money than my x plan.
so now this dealership is looking, and they are trying i beleive it even the finance guy called to say hes super sorry for the mix up. theyre aesome guys to work with, but still.
now, heres what i need help on, this is the 3rd time i couldnt get a car, albeit once at the new dealership. but supposedly theres one with brembos and 3.73's i told him we agreed on a deal for the other car i want this one for the price of the one originally sold. he says well x plan is what it is, the car is basically at cost..but theyll "make sure im happy"
I didnt get the vibe from the talk that i was going to get this new car (if i can lol) at the price of the one i signed the contract for.
how much leverage do i have? what do you believe is fair to ask for in the package? I didnt want leather cuz i cant afford a premium package so i went cloth with go fast/brake stuff. but i think something should be included to sweeten the deal and keep my business. help me out!
also new to the site but ive been lurking, awesome forum. cheers guys.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
1qwik96

crap, double post, can a mod delete the other post for me?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 AM
rufast?

Originally Posted by 1qwik96
ok, long story short im in the market for a 2011-2012 GT. One dealer "found" one a black 2011 at another dealer, came in, put a deposit on it, came back and said "oh sorry that one is sold, but ill find you one give me a day." So i did, he calls he "found" another, different color but with both brembos and 3.73's. I go in and again after even signing the buyer app (NOT the contract) that one is sold too. He tells me that the system is updated as they are sold so when they call the car isnt there sometimes. Now im getting frustrated and after they show little effort after that (no one even called while they had a 1000 deposit of mine to say they are looking) i took my business elsewhere.
Fast foward i go to another dealer, and im on x plan but they have a car on their lot. a white 2012, my x plan sounds good, the numbers are working for me, only no brembos just 3.73's. i sign everything, even the contract. I can pick it up next day (saturday morning)
Imagine my surprise instead of hey your car is in i got "it was a factory built car for someone else and someone goofed on the paperwork"
so the car that was to be mine is now someone elses or should i say, never was mine and someone probaly just offered more money than my x plan.
so now this dealership is looking, and they are trying i beleive it even the finance guy called to say hes super sorry for the mix up. theyre aesome guys to work with, but still.
now, heres what i need help on, this is the 3rd time i couldnt get a car, albeit once at the new dealership. but supposedly theres one with brembos and 3.73's i told him we agreed on a deal for the other car i want this one for the price of the one originally sold. he says well x plan is what it is, the car is basically at cost..but theyll "make sure im happy"
I didnt get the vibe from the talk that i was going to get this new car (if i can lol) at the price of the one i signed the contract for.
how much leverage do i have? what do you believe is fair to ask for in the package? I didnt want leather cuz i cant afford a premium package so i went cloth with go fast/brake stuff. but i think something should be included to sweeten the deal and keep my business. help me out!
also new to the site but ive been lurking, awesome forum. cheers guys.
It is true that X-Plan varies from car to car depending on the options. However, they should be able to show you that price (as well as Invoice and MSRP) on their invoice for each vehicle. Any rebates in effect are also due to you on top of the X-Plan. I just got a 2012 with X-Plan plus $500 rebate plus $750 rebate because I purchased another Ford (Bullitt) a few years ago for my son. Anything else you can talk them out of is icing on the cake (perhaps window tint?) Good Luck!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You act as if the dealership is working for YOU.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 1qwik96
crap, double post, can a mod delete the other post for me?
Done.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

kbb shows the invoice price, why should the dealer show all their cards. do your homework, find your rebates and make your deal. do expect the dealer to make a deal up for u.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

right now according to kbb there is either a $500 rebate or a 1.9%-5.9% financing available on the 2012 GTs.

The dealerships seem to be ordreing goofy options/colors.. like the one here ordered nothing but manuals and premium.. i was like wtf?? (I got premium anyway after reading the differences, but still, how about some variety?)

also, you can check dealer inventory yourself online, just call the dealership that has it and ask aout it, there have to be tons of them in Las Vegas or if you have to take a trip down to Phoenix.. heck if you fly out of vegas you could get a fight for $100 on alliegant to here and drive it back.. just search yourself, and work with the dealership that has it.