Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Mods for the 2011 5.0 auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

If any tuner disagrees and wants me to test their tune vs others just e-mail me your tune and I'll compare, my car can run very consistently.

Free tunes for life.. That sounds pretty tasty to me.. Not that I am going to need em with the slight mod list we will have for this daily driver.. Though someday I may want stick on a blower.. If I do.. I will need a new tune..

Talking about blowers.. So I emailed whipple.. Wanted to know when there may be a blower for the auto..Here is a copy of the correspondence

2011 5.0 Auto
Not sure if Ford Racing is going to release the kit for the Automatic. Guys are just purchasing the "Tuner" kit and having a shop install it and custom tune it.
--

Mike Malicoat
Whipple Superchargers

Interesting... So.. Are guys with automatics getting away with a shop install of a whipple and having a custom tune done?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

You can probably install it yourself and get an e-mail tune once more shops have tested it. I'd like a whipple myself.. I'd also like to see a lot of people test them out so I can know how far I can push my engine/tranny
Old 06-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I think Ford is hesitant to sanction a blower for the auto's because of perceived long term reliability issues. A non-built auto tranny will not be able handle increases in HP and TQ as well as a manual tranny with a decent clutch.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
I think Ford is hesitant to sanction a blower for the auto's because of perceived long term reliability issues. A non-built auto tranny will not be able handle increases in HP and TQ as well as a manual tranny with a decent clutch.
That grabber blue that American Muscle is building has a auto... They have put everything on that car..

I heard people saying that the auto is suppose to be as tough as nails in these cars.. Only time will tell I guess
Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Here is a question.. How much abuse is the 302 going to take before it pops?

Everyone sticking blowers on them.. No bottom end change.. Is this engine really that hardy?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:49 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I think it's as capable as a stock 4.6 bottom end, considering that the 4.6 can make about 450whp on average and as much as 550whp(very daring people rofl)

I heard the 5.0 can make 600+ whp before it pops.. shiet.. I'd be happy with 525whp lol
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

When I went and bought this car.. I was looking for steeper gears.. You would think it would be a option on the auto like it is on the standard.. I guess you are stuck with the 3:15 gearing if you get a automatic.. My wife coulda cared less.. She liked the damn rims..I was stuck trying to get a deal on the car we got from that point... WOMEN???? Don't ya just hate when they bat their eyes?

Once we had the car and I really started checking out what it could do.. If this thing had the 3:73's.. Would the wheels stay on the ground on take offs? I guess they was trying to save the fuel mileage.. I have yet to get the advertised fuel mileage with the gearing I have now.. Mine is a thirsty little car.. Might have something to do with how often my right foot likes to feed it..

My salesman said it didn't matter much since the Auto is geared lower.. BLAH BLAH BLAH salesman BS.. Still he did own one and knew a ton of good info on the car...
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 AM
FUZZYDP

I'd like to do gear swap as well. Just don't know if I'm willing to risk warranty related issues. What part of Texas are you in Sleeper?
Old 06-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

I live in Deer Park... A suburb of Houston...
Old 06-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Anyone just love the way their 5 oh drives? I love this car... Drives way better than my last mustang(1968 coupe).. Drives better than a rx8 I once had.. It's a wonderful car and worth every penny..

Wondering if anyone has the BAMA tune and what they think of it... I know LUND.. Still I like the idea of 3 tunes and tunes for future upgrades.. I think my wife would do well with the street tune.. I don't need this to happen http://youtu.be/kadE5XOx52A .. I wanta know how the tune was for the automatic... Was it a waste or worth every penny?..

Anyone put their 5.0 up against a ram air t/a from the day? I use to think that was a fast car.. Will the coyote take it stock?

Quick Reply: Mods for the 2011 5.0 auto