Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

C&L CAI and Bama Tune = priceless

Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 AM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

Default C&L CAI and Bama Tune = priceless

Finally got my in take and SF3 tuner from www.AmericanMuscle.com yesterday, after following the clean clear idiot proof installation instructions and uploading 93 Octane tune i started my car and said a little prayer " Lord please do not let me be disapointed" .... 5 min later i am on a straight away near my house... i stop the car... put it in first and at about 3k rmps i let it rip... and OMFG this car is a BEAST! i had no idea the i was going to see that amount of improvement. Its like driving a totally different car. Engine sound is ferocious, the from a performance stand point its unreal. I highly suggest if anyone is in the market to for an intake and programmer to check out AM.

pics coming soon!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Im going to do the same very soon, but not from american muscle. Those guys are amateurs. No way would I ever give them anymore of my money. I bought a few parts from them in the last few years. All of which I had issues with. And I know that they dont manufacture the parts, but their after the sale customer service was the WORST. Bunch of kids over there. Goodluck with that bama tune. I hope your car holds together. There is no way I would run one of those grenade tunes in my car. When you uploaded it, you pulled the pin.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jiggy_One
Im going to do the same very soon, but not from american muscle. Those guys are amateurs. No way would I ever give them anymore of my money. I bought a few parts from them in the last few years. All of which I had issues with. And I know that they dont manufacture the parts, but their after the sale customer service was the WORST. Bunch of kids over there. Goodluck with that bama tune. I hope your car holds together. There is no way I would run one of those grenade tunes in my car. When you uploaded it, you pulled the pin.
Wow dude, I don't know how bama is with 5.0's, but they definitely knew their **** with the 4.6's. From all the forums I visit, bama has a very good rap.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
bama has a very good rap.
Not from what I have experienced and read.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

damn man thanks for the high hopes, i bought it primarily for the free tunes for life option, once i get finished or close to finished i will most likely change my programmer tunes to and diff. guy. im sorry your expirence was like it was with them, my service was totally different.

this raises another question " who else has had trouble with Bama Tunes?" i will post another thread.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
hand-filer

Not from what I have experienced and read.
You obviously don't read much and or digest what you read.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hand-filer
You obviously don't read much and or digest what you read.
Ok douche. There are several other proven and trusted tuners out there, so why gamble on these amateur bama guys. Its your car, remember that everytime you go WOT hoping you will be able to drive back home afterward.

Last edited by Jiggy_One; 06-29-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Truckbutt
Banned

I guess I'm a douche too. I like my Bama Tunes and I haven't had any problem with service at American Muscle.

I'd be interested to see links to threads that are negative on Bama Tunes.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

False...I love my 93 Race tune, every sweet minute of it! Good luck finding negative feedback on AM! We here at MF must primarily be douche's because I would say at least 90% of the members running a custom tune run either a Bama tune or Brenspeed and enjoy every minute of it. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with them but if you don't mind me asking, have you ever run a bama tune or are you basing your argument on a bad customer service experience? also, what happened that caused this bad experience? I'll understand if you don't want to talk about it I'm just curious as to what happened.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Where are these bad reviews? Seriously? Not asking to defend them, asking because I'm about to order the CAI and tuner combo for my 5.0

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C&L CAI and Bama Tune = priceless