Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

exhaust & intake

Old 07-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Yalro6

Default exhaust & intake

i just got my car back from the shop with the full system borla and steeda cai/tune and wow. the performance is a lot more than what i expected. with street tires on a standard woot run i dont gain tracton with the rear until @ 80mph. plus the sound of that borla atak is just brutal. i love every minute of driving. big thumbs up to borla and steeda.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You had a shop install a CAI & tune and a bolt-on axleback system? Well, congrats to the added performance and exhaust note but let me know when you need your wiper blades replaced or an oil change or a light bulb replaced. I'll charge you 1/2 as much as the shop.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

^true statement...i could understand the exhaust being installed for you if you didn't have the space or tools...but i really hope you didn't have them install the CAI and tune...
Old 07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

It's LT headers, from what I read about them it worth paying a shop to install the headers, kind of a pita. The CAI on the 2011+ actually takes about 2x as long and isn't as easy as the 05-10, but still isn't hard at all to install , i'd do that myself, i guess if the shop offered to do it for free though i'd let them, save yourself the hour or so of work. i'm curious what your dyno numbers would be. next up, new tires eh? actualy, i'd try out the boss intake manifold if I were you, you can get it for $385.

Last edited by Mishri; 07-18-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nuke
You had a shop install a CAI & tune and a bolt-on axleback system? Well, congrats to the added performance and exhaust note but let me know when you need your wiper blades replaced or an oil change or a light bulb replaced. I'll charge you 1/2 as much as the shop.
I'm glad you said it and not me!! haha
Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Yalro6

i only had the shop install it cause the headers are a pain to tamper with. and since he had to take off my old intake to help get to the headers he put on the steeda free of charge since it was labor he was going to do anyway. the tune i did myself of course.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Yalro6

forgot to add, intake manifold will be happening and the dyno said i had an increase of whp from 352 to 398. i expected bigger numbers but i do have the performance i expected.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Yalro6
i only had the shop install it cause the headers are a pain to tamper with. and since he had to take off my old intake to help get to the headers he put on the steeda free of charge since it was labor he was going to do anyway. the tune i did myself of course.
No need to explain yourself, I understood you had headers installed just from reading your sig.

Anyway, nice gain. Almost 50rwhp.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

could be a low reading dyno, or your engine isn't fully broken in yet. I forgot what people claimed to get after running the car for 5,000 miles. I think it was like 10-15whp gained w/o modding at all? I'd expect you to be in the 410whp with the auto. Who's tune are you running? I'd try a livernois if I were you, so far auto's running the livernois tune have been faster than any other car. I haven't seen dyno #s yet though. I'm planning on getting a livernois tune after i do the boss intake and o/r X.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Yalro6

Talking

im currently running the steeda tune. i wanna try other tunes but every time i try to get one they say i have to buy a tuner and it comes with it. i wanted to try the bama tune. i hear its good clean HP but the reason i went with steeda is i heard its the best one on the auto tranny. i also heard about the engine break in thing as well. ive only got 3.5k on mine. the best thing imo is after these mods im still in the 20s on city mpg lol. after i get the suspension on im prob going to get the boss intake manifold. somewhere in the future i plan on putting on a vortech which would hook right up to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: exhaust & intake