Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Introducing the Bama Performance 2011+ Mustang GT Custom Tune Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Default Introducing the Bama Performance 2011+ Mustang GT Custom Tune Warranty

In the last few weeks, we’ve seen a ton of questions and comments about modifying 2011+ Mustang GT’s. We are confident in the quality and performance of our Bama custom tunes, and starting today; the purchase of a tuner with Bama tunes will cover cylinder #8 failures under warranty. Our lawyers told us that we can’t legally extend a warranty to existing Bama customers – the warranty has to be in place at the time of purchase. With or without the fancy piece of paper, we will be standing behind our tunes. We will be there to support both new and existing customers in the unlikely event that they have a cylinder #8 issue.

We all bought these cars to have fun, and worrying about your custom tune isn’t fun. We are issuing this warranty because we want you to be as confident in our tunes as we are.

Check out the warranty here

If you have any questions feel free to give us a call or PM me directly.

What fun is a mustang if you can’t touch it?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Wow, an aftermarket company that stands behind their work? Way to go AM/Bama! I was going to get my Steeda CAI/Tune through you guys anyways, but this just solidified it.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Taskiss
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
In the last few weeks, we’ve seen a ton of questions and comments about modifying 2011+ Mustang GT’s. We are confident in the quality and performance of our Bama custom tunes, and starting today; the purchase of a tuner with Bama tunes will cover cylinder #8 failures under warranty. Our lawyers told us that we can’t legally extend a warranty to existing Bama customers – the warranty has to be in place at the time of purchase. With or without the fancy piece of paper, we will be standing behind our tunes. We will be there to support both new and existing customers in the unlikely event that they have a cylinder #8 issue.

We all bought these cars to have fun, and worrying about your custom tune isn’t fun. We are issuing this warranty because we want you to be as confident in our tunes as we are.

What fun is a warranty for the #8 if I buy your tune and lose my warranty for my entire drive train?
Old 07-23-2011, 11:29 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Taskiss
What fun is a warranty for the #8 if I buy your tune and lose my warranty for my entire drive train?
Its not meant to replace the Ford drivetrain warranty when you void it, its supposed to provide peace of mind since the #8 cylinder problem is at the forefront of most people's minds who are looking to get a tune. If you want to retain the full warranty.....DON'T MOD!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:32 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Chris, I am glad that you all are taking such steps.
From what I see, your actions do at least these very important things:

You all up bringing up quality standards for aftermarket tunes. There are many amateur tuners, sometimes I think too many. And some of these guys are clowns who could care less except making a dollar even if they dump hack tunes on the streets.
Your actions help attack this problem.

Furthermore you guys are also protecting and building up the reputations of the aftemarket tuners, especially the reputable ones such as yourselves. Such actions as I see it will hopefully one day bridge the gap between Ford and the reputable aftermarket vendors
Old 07-24-2011, 10:41 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Chris i need a new tune for the boss, very nice to see you guys standing behind your stuff like this.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:40 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Thanks everyone! We're really happy about the overwhelming positive feedback.

As mentioned above, this does not cover the rest of your powertrain and was never intended to. Who knows what could happen in the future, but right now we are offering this one warranty, to cover only cylinder #8 problems, because this is the problem plaguing cars that we feel we can control.

Everything else shouldn't be a problem, as this seems to be the only thing that is commonly being attributed to an aftermarket tune.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:40 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I assume purchases as of this moment on qualify for this?

I think this was an awesome idea..and awesome call. You've certainly earned my business, as I'm one of those worriers who do care about a warranty on the car, and to be honest I stand behind companies who stand behind their products.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:11 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Thanks everyone! We're really happy about the overwhelming positive feedback.

As mentioned above, this does not cover the rest of your powertrain and was never intended to. Who knows what could happen in the future, but right now we are offering this one warranty, to cover only cylinder #8 problems, because this is the problem plaguing cars that we feel we can control.

Everything else shouldn't be a problem, as this seems to be the only thing that is commonly being attributed to an aftermarket tune.
In light of that Ford TSB, it is very clear that Ford is making a punch in the dark without actually going in to see what the problem is. So of course, the coverage I can understand for the reasons why, is only meant to cover this overreactive punch in the dark thrown by Ford with that TSB.

Granted, I am making assumptions here because I do not know for a fact that Ford has actually done proper engineering investigations.

But nothing was announced or otherwise formally said by Ford to prove to us that this is exactly what they are doing: trying to prove that aftermarket tunes are always the fault of #8 cylinder failure.
Since Ford has decided to keep its mouth shut on their research and findings on this issue, I personally am inclined to make the assumption that their TSB is just a punch thrown in the dark and no actual research efforts are being made by their licensed PE engine designers or investigators to prove ALL #8 cylinder problems are always from tunes mods. Even responsible tunes and mods that do not put the engine into undue stresses and conditions that would cause the failure.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 07-24-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Also wanted to add to my question, will your custom tunes purchased separately but for an SF3 tuner be good to go also with this warranty? Makes sense that they should I would think but wanted clarification. Saying yes will result in $150 in revenue

Quick Reply: Introducing the Bama Performance 2011+ Mustang GT Custom Tune Warranty