Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

CAI +Bama tune = what

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Boss intake is a waste unless you need gains in the upper rpm range.

USUALLY when people race they stay on the upper rpms, car dosent go down when I shift gears to 2000rpm at wot lol so... It's worth it atleast for me.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CubanoGT
USUALLY when people race they stay on the upper rpms, car dosent go down when I shift gears to 2000rpm at wot lol so... It's worth it atleast for me.
I choose to stay away from upper rpm only mods. My car is a DD and my money needs to be well spent when it comes to buying mods. If an engine performance mod doesn't help me through out the entire rpm range, its not worth my money.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

So your saying turbos and centri superchargers aren't worth your money? I mean they start working high in the rpm range to each it's own I believe 400 dollars for a manifold that starts making power around 5k all the way to 7700 is worth it cause that's right where my engine will be at shifting at wot remember stock manifold falls on it's face like at 6700 just saying if it's only a daily driver I kinda agree with you but if it's going to be raced the manifold is worth it IMHO ofcourse intake exhaust tune gets priority.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

So your saying turbos and centri superchargers aren't worth your money? I mean they start working high in the rpm range to each it's own I believe 400 dollars for a manifold that starts making power around 5k all the way to 7700 is worth it cause that's right where my engine will be at shifting at wot remember stock manifold falls on it's face like at 6700 just saying if it's only a daily driver I kinda agree with you but if it's going to be raced the manifold is worth it IMHO ofcourse intake exhaust tune gets priority.
All FI systems add power not only in the high rpm range, but across the entire power band and by a LARGE amount. They are well worth the money, even for a DD.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Yalro6

Originally Posted by kput
Just a question for those running 93 octane tune.

What type of gas mileage are you seeing with CAI/Tune on the 93? (Compared to stock tune)
with my current mods im pulling 19.8 mostly city but thats with wanting to hear that borla atak roar. if i just drove it like i did when it was stock i dont think it would be any different.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Boss intake is a waste unless you need gains in the upper rpm range.
people report a gain of .2 in the 1/4 mile from a boss intake, thats a big difference.. .2 = 20hp = 2 car lengths. If you are into racing other cars the boss intake could be the thing that nets you a win. i want lowest possible ET, drag race my car. My mustang is my only car, but it's not a DD (I have a company car).. you can see the mods i'm adding in my sig hehe with the 4.10s I should be in the upper rpm range a lot,
Old 08-05-2011, 12:04 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
people report a gain of .2 in the 1/4 mile from a boss intake, thats a big difference.. .2 = 20hp = 2 car lengths. If you are into racing other cars the boss intake could be the thing that nets you a win. i want lowest possible ET, drag race my car. My mustang is my only car, but it's not a DD (I have a company car).. you can see the mods i'm adding in my sig hehe with the 4.10s I should be in the upper rpm range a lot,
Thank you, that's what Ived been trying to tell him.. If you race the mustang the manifold is really worth it! Specially for 400 bucks (manifolds for my old 04gt are expensive as hell)
Old 08-05-2011, 12:06 PM
erics02mustang

I have a SCT tuner from BAMA and a CAI and i gained roughly 25 HP. It was definitely worth the money
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Thank you, that's what Ived been trying to tell him.. If you race the mustang the manifold is really worth it! Specially for 400 bucks (manifolds for my old 04gt are expensive as hell)
Your point is moot to me. I said my car is a DD and I will only spend money on mods that help through out the entire rpm range. Was I unclear earlier when I said

I choose to stay away from upper rpm only mods. My car is a DD and my money needs to be well spent when it comes to buying mods. If an engine performance mod doesn't help me through out the entire rpm range, its not worth my money.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I can't understand that.. anytime you race it or do a 0-100 pull you'll be in the upper RPM range where you wont lose any power and you'll be able to make a lot more power in that 6800-7500rpm range.

Quick Reply: CAI +Bama tune = what