Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

SCT wont recognize my stang

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:28 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow I just received an email from sct... And my hand held won't work... Only x3 that are "enhanced" will work serial # starting with XP I wish some1 would of told me before I wasted 150 dollars on the tunes for life..
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

why didn't you just call AM to begin with? and Why aren't you calling them now to see what they can do for you? You'll need to buy a new tuner, call them, i'm sure they'll give you a decent deal. Come back here and bitch if they make you pay full price for tunes and a tuner after you already paid for tunes. Otherwise I really don't want to hear your whining. If they just charge you for a tuner and pre-load it with the tunes you already bought then you should be good to go and nothing more to say than Thanks for taking care of me AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Give us a call, we can put the $150 Free Tunes for Life purchase towards a new X3, so you'll just have to pay the balance in between. Free Tunes for Life is included with the purchase of a new programmer, so you'll still have that.

As for not telling you about it earlier, we had no idea that you were using an older X3, you never mentioned what device in this thread or the other one. Sorry about the inconvenience, and like I said, if you're interested will work with you and apply that credit towards a compatible programmer.

If they need to, they can check with me, and I'll authorize it, but they shouldn't give you any problems to begin with. Call Bama directly at the hours/number listed in my signature below.

Chris
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
why didn't you just call AM to begin with? and Why aren't you calling them now to see what they can do for you? You'll need to buy a new tuner, call them, i'm sure they'll give you a decent deal. Come back here and bitch if they make you pay full price for tunes and a tuner after you already paid for tunes. Otherwise I really don't want to hear your whining. If they just charge you for a tuner and pre-load it with the tunes you already bought then you should be good to go and nothing more to say than Thanks for taking care of me AM.
LOL... First of all you don't want to hear it don't come to my post, I'm not whining to AM I'm simply posting it here so people don't make the same mistake since ALOT of people think every x3 should work, so again not whining just letting people know. I have been buying ALOT of parts from AM since 2007 (thousands of dollars) and I have never had a prob with them that's why I keep coming back.

And thanks Chris Ima buy the tuner soon.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
dg98gt
2nd Gear Member

I just found out the same thing. I have an older X3 that I used to datalog my '98 and it won't recognize my 2011 either. If it was the serial number with "X" only in the front, then it won't work. If it is the "enhanced X3" and has "XP" in the serial number.......it should work. I ordered an SF3 today!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Ordered my new tuner today Thanks Chris!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Wow Mishri

You on the rag or something bro? hahaha
"YOU" don't want to hear it lol....

Seriously though.
I did not hear him whining at all bro. Maybe cool your jets a little? LOL.
All I heard was him not understanding the situation he was in and saying he'd wish
he was told about the "enhanced" situation with his SCT.

This is actually something I have heard of people making the mistake on quite a few times and it's fairly easy to miss.