Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Stang Gt question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
11stang11

Thanks for the info here, I need to get her checked out
Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
11stang11

Thanks for the advice man, I am going to head there before they close here. I think your right, best thing to do is to just talk to them and tell them the truth about what is on it and how I bought it this way. Have them take a look, and if there is no tune I am set. If it is modded, I just have to talk my options with them and see what I have to do to get my full warranty back in place. I want the stock tune on it and want the DD reliablilty as well, so my feelings aren't gonna get hurt if they switch it to stock...Essentially I want it that way. I am pretty sure there is a tune on it already though, took it up to 7100 last night...isn't the fuel cut off like 7k?

I heard there is a new update that the dealership needs to flash anyways, so I could have them do that as well. Thanks again, never been in this situation before so it makes it tough to have a good idea on what to do.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:21 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

wow you lucked out! I agree to definetly get it in writing. As for those who are like oh my im so sorry i hope it didnt have a tune on it!! Well thank you for not modifiying your cars so in the future I will have something to build a solely drag car out of since it was driven by a grandma. 93 tunes are the only ones that have seemed to pop #8. And as for that there was what 8-10 cases out of how many thousands of these cars sold already? And honestly most people put a tune on it and beat it pretty hard every now and then.

Yes the car has transmission issues but Ford has been decent about fixing what they can with that. I had full exhaust intake tune driveshaft etc and I had my pressure plate bolts back off entirely. It was fully covered by ford even with all of those mods on the car.

Get it in writing that you are still covered so you can really beat it with no worries! Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Here's where it gets more complicated though.

Since it is used and the dealership sold it to you as new, how do you know the car is in good shape or not only has it been modded.. but beat up on by someone and they ran into a problem and decided to sell it rather than deal with the issues?

Even if you have proof etc. as far as warranty to you REALLY want to go through the hassle of dealing with them if they are not willing to work with you when the time comes it may have an issue and need warranty work?
Do you really want to deal with the issues that may be with the car now and you not know about?

I mean WHY would a dealership sell it as new unless something was not right?
I know they might get a little more for the car but I would not want to have to worry about that being the only reason.

I would NOT trust that dealership PERIOD.
I would take the car back and get a refund and take my business elsewhere.

Some people say I'm paranoid. I am about certain things. Heck look at the title
I have under my username lol.
However in this case I say it's not being paranoid at all but being safe.
I would not want to deal with such a dealership PERIOD.

I'd rather go through the steps now to take the car back than deal with ALL the other problems and worries later.

I know its painful to hear that but I really think it's the smart thing to do.
There are too many WHAT IF's right from the getgo on this car to deal with.
Like others said you really should have checked it out before you bought it. But lesson learned and don't be too hard on yourself.
Again I WOULD however fix the mistake I made and take it back now while you have the chance.

That way you can get a car you know is clean and only have to worry about the TSB's and other things
that often come with cars. They can be enough as it is.
You don't deserve to have to worry about all these other things OR have to go through trouble LATER.
Either with the car, with the dealership, or both.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 08-17-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Just noticed this thread is more than a few days old.
DANG IT mtflyboy25!!!!!!

Wonder what they ended up doing?
No update has been given!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Just noticed this thread is more than a few days old.
DANG IT mtflyboy25!!!!!!

Wonder what they ended up doing?
No update has been given!
It is only like a week old lol...
Old 08-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Im just giving you a hard time lol.
But I believe his time has run out if he wanted to return it.

But since they told him it was new that might make it a different story.
I'm REALLY curious as to what he decided to do.
Wish more people would update threads when they tell a story and not just leave us dry to guess.

I HATE IT when people do that. Personally I think it's kind of rude since they came for help. You would think they would come back to close the story and thank those who helped (even though yes he did say thank you for suggestions)
It's just not the same though. Again I really think they should take the time to update those who helped on what happened.
It's just a thoughtful and courteous thing to do.