Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Header opinion w exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:07 PM
wildman1952

Flowmaster 44's are the loudest street performance muffler (excluding race mufflers, of course) If no cats installed then its really nice & loud, 70's musclecar sounding.
H pipe usually adds a deeper/throatier tone, but X pipe will give a raspier, sometimes rapp- rapp sound tone. I prefer the H pipe (70's) sound, but performance gain goes just barely to X pipe. H pipe gives a tick better gas mileage, but who cares when you're shifting @ 6 grand plus.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gO3-...el_video_title

ARH 1 7/8s all the way with ARH Off road Xpipe to mag comp catback.. Sounds siiiiick!

I get compliments about it all the time. Warning. At WOT it screams. I have some old school chevy muscle car buds and they hate the way it sounds. They say it sounds like NASCAR and not a muscle car. It revs like a ferrari and at WOT pushing 7k rpms no one argues with the sick sound man...

I agree with stainless works, 1 7/8s gives you room to grow. And lets be honest who stops really?

I went with ARH because look at every single 1/4 mile video on you tube. the fastest cars used it. ARH is a winning brand man. Plus I called and talked to the owner who was extremely cool and he wouldnt let me buy the 1 3/4 which is what I thought I wanted. nor would he let me buy the catted pipes. If you dont live in CA then dont bother with it he said haha.

So yeah... If you like loud and different then go with what I have.

Last edited by mtflyboy25; 09-01-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Phantomx2
1st Gear Member

@mtflyboy who did you call that wouldnt let you but the 1-3/4 that you thought you wanted? the owner of what ARH? Either way I am def going catted x cuz im not in CA but I still need to pass emissions, right now its 4 yrs but after that its every 2. Ive been reading a lot today and talking to a lot of people today and they told me to go w the 1-3/4 that way u dont lose back pressure along with other reasons. Also was told unless I am putting bigger heads, cam, or supercharding the 1-7/8 is unneeded. Those r ideas in my head but it wouldnt be for atleast 2 years cuz I dont have the money for those indepth engine parts.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phantomx2
@mtflyboy who did you call that wouldnt let you but the 1-3/4 that you thought you wanted? the owner of what ARH? Either way I am def going catted x cuz im not in CA but I still need to pass emissions, right now its 4 yrs but after that its every 2. Ive been reading a lot today and talking to a lot of people today and they told me to go w the 1-3/4 that way u dont lose back pressure along with other reasons. Also was told unless I am putting bigger heads, cam, or supercharding the 1-7/8 is unneeded. Those r ideas in my head but it wouldnt be for atleast 2 years cuz I dont have the money for those indepth engine parts.
yes the owner at ARH. Yeah, well I love my car and I dont have any other mods like SC or TC or anything, it pulls hard and has plenty of back pressure to drive like a maniac with haha. The price difference is not that much, go big or go home, it will be worth it if you ever continue to upgrade. I learned that quick. Do it right the first time or you pay twice as much for it since you have to buy the one you didnt really want, then the one you did want after....

Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
zilla8
1st Gear Member

I also have ARH 1 7/8 with o/r x and a KB blower and let me tell you It's insane!!!!

this Coyote loves the bigger primaries so don't be fooled go with the 1 7/8 and you will see what I mean.To keep the noise down run a chambered muffler like the GT500's and you will have a nice sound with no drone.