Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

WOT Clutch Engagement Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Skip trying to solve this yourself.
You really have no clue as to what is wrong unless it is actually looked at.
Playing the guessing game is wasting your time.
If you start taking or putting in stuff before you take it in and they see it, you just might have them void your warranty.

You need to take it in, SHOW them what it does, and if they give you problems go to the service manager, be nice, and if he gives you trouble just tell him you have a warranty, it is a new car, AND YOU WANT THE PROBLEM FIXED.

There are people out there that are rude from the start. I'm not saying to do that.
But there are WAY TOO MANY people that let the dealership run all over them and con them into letting the dealership ignore the issue and not fix their cars.

You bought a new car, something is faulty with it.

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DEALERSHIP TO FIX IT.
End of story!
No ifs, ands, or buts about it!

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 08-24-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM
rangerryda
1st Gear Member

I would still like opinions and experiences from other owners, hence the reason I posted on the forum. I know how to deal with dealerships, I know what my rights are but a lot of the time, little things can be avoided by simple D.I.Y. This may not be the case in this situation but I still don't want to be left in the dark on what is really happening with the car. I have no problem letting them fix things for free but I do want to know what caused the problem (or is currently causing the problem). I'm a mechanic myself (aircraft) and very experienced with cars as well.

I've got a good idea of what is happening now that I've dug around some more, just wanted more input from people that are familiar with the issue.

No offense but stop saying "go to the dealer" please. I know that's an option.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:43 AM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
I would still like opinions and experiences from other owners, hence the reason I posted on the forum. I know how to deal with dealerships, I know what my rights are but a lot of the time, little things can be avoided by simple D.I.Y. This may not be the case in this situation but I still don't want to be left in the dark on what is really happening with the car. I have no problem letting them fix things for free but I do want to know what caused the problem (or is currently causing the problem). I'm a mechanic myself (aircraft) and very experienced with cars as well.

I've got a good idea of what is happening now that I've dug around some more, just wanted more input from people that are familiar with the issue.

If you have any wonder about peoples troubles with this tranny... please go here: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-mustang-talk/
Old 08-25-2011, 02:16 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Yes sir, we sincerely apologize for offering our apparently useless opinions and we bow down to your superior aircraft mechanical knowledge.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 AM
rangerryda
1st Gear Member

^ Why are you getting so hostile? All I asked was for the repeated suggestions that I've already acknowledged to cease so that the technical aspects may be discussed by others also having the issues and hopefully someone with more to offer on the situation to enlighten me on why it happens.

I know it can get fixed by the dealer but I'm still interested (even now) as to the exact cause so that others may have the information should it happen to more people. Posts like that are not needed to achieve this.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:42 AM
rangerryda
1st Gear Member

Thanks cbaty08, I found somewhere in there that they are swapping the GT500 clutch pedal assemblies at the dealer as a fix. Does this still apply to the newer generation clutch pedals with 2 springs or just the single spring first design during model launch? I've checked mine and it is definitely the newer style but the symptoms are the same only a little less severe. I wouldn't mind a heavier clutch either
Old 08-25-2011, 08:36 AM
FWP!
2nd Gear Member

Yea, it's been a known issue since early last year. The dealerships have been applying a fix (the GT500 pedals) which seems to fix the issue for people.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 AM
rangerryda
1st Gear Member

^ Will they upgrade the rest of my pedals from black to silver? I've got a base GT with Brembo's and 3.73's only so all of my interior is black.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

^ Will they upgrade the rest of my pedals from black to silver? I've got a base GT with Brembo's and 3.73's only so all of my interior is black.
I'll be honest in that I know nothing about the replacement or the rev. I have in there now.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:28 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

^ Why are you getting so hostile? All I asked was for the repeated suggestions that I've already acknowledged to cease so that the technical aspects may be discussed by others also having the issues and hopefully someone with more to offer on the situation to enlighten me on why it happens.

I know it can get fixed by the dealer but I'm still interested (even now) as to the exact cause so that others may have the information should it happen to more people. Posts like that are not needed to achieve this.
I don't know about hostility, maybe a thick layer of sarcasm. But it doesn't feel good when you try to honestly help somebody and then bascially get told to "Shut the hell up, I know what I'm doing, I'm an aircraft mechanic."

I'm also not sure why you're so convinced that the dealer is going to play "I have a secret" if they find and fix the problem. They'll tell you what was wrong and what they fixed.

Quick Reply: WOT Clutch Engagement Issue