Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Do you like the 2013 Mustang's body style?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I like it, not in love with it but I think it looks good.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
GhastlyTT

After seeing pictures of the 2013, I'm very pleased with my 2012 purchase. The 2010-2012 models are the best looking to me by far.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

i love the tailights but it might not work for all color schemes, cant wait for the models after
Old 12-09-2011, 06:23 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Yes the 2014 will be definitely an interesting chassis that I too am interested in finding out how it looks. My only hope: the GT does not lose the V8 and the base is not downgraded into an I-4.
A Ford CEO said he envisions the V8 only in the "specialty" cars, the limited production cars like the Cobra (if the GT500 name is not renewed with Shelby), and maybe the Boss.
Independent rear suspension is rumored to also be on the menu.

Whatever happens, I dont mind IRS so long as it is done right and is stout enough to take the power of the torques the engines will make.

I do hope that the GT V6 and base trim I-4 are only sold outside of the US, meaning that in the US, the GT is keeps the V8 and the Base trim gets no less than a V6.
That way, you have a "World" mustang with the wussified engines, but in America, you do not lose the muscle and the Mustangs sold in the US remain in parity with Camaros and possible even Corvettes to the power extent.

And for gawd sake, Direct inject the Coyote and the 3.7L! The blocks were designed for DI but the current productions only have ESFI. DI will allow better fuel metering, economy, and even higher CRs
Old 12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
TKane

I like the look of the hood and the tail lights on the '13 which is the reason I'm waiting for it to go on sale instead of the '12. As far as the "world mustang" and wussified engines, I think competition from the Camaro and Challenger will force Ford to keep the V8 in the GT. I wouldn't count out the Ecoboost V6 though, twin turbos have a funny way of making lots-o-powa!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:37 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I am not sure if the 3.5 Ecoboost from the SHO (and which is now optioned in F150) will make its way into Mustangs.

What I see happening is the 3.7L sixxer gets Ecoboost, and this engine might even replace the 3.5L Ecoboost.
The primary advantage being here is the 3.7L has TiVCT where I doubt the 3.5L SHO engine does.
The possible result: the 3.7L Ecoboost is moved into the Taurus SHO and the Ecoboost F150.

I want to see the Coyote in Ecoboost form, V8 direct injection and forced induction!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
StayingFit24_7
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Yes the 2014 will be definitely an interesting chassis that I too am interested in finding out how it looks. My only hope: the GT does not lose the V8 and the base is not downgraded into an I-4.
A Ford CEO said he envisions the V8 only in the "specialty" cars, the limited production cars like the Cobra (if the GT500 name is not renewed with Shelby), and maybe the Boss.
Independent rear suspension is rumored to also be on the menu.

Whatever happens, I dont mind IRS so long as it is done right and is stout enough to take the power of the torques the engines will make.

I do hope that the GT V6 and base trim I-4 are only sold outside of the US, meaning that in the US, the GT is keeps the V8 and the Base trim gets no less than a V6.
That way, you have a "World" mustang with the wussified engines, but in America, you do not lose the muscle and the Mustangs sold in the US remain in parity with Camaros and possible even Corvettes to the power extent.

And for gawd sake, Direct inject the Coyote and the 3.7L! The blocks were designed for DI but the current productions only have ESFI. DI will allow better fuel metering, economy, and even higher CRs
I agree. I think America should be privileged with the 8 cylinder GT Models and have that model exclusively sold only USA. After all, it is an "American" Muscle car, and what type of muscle car isn't packing a 8 cylinder anyway besides the Buick Gran National
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
mdskala
1st Gear Member

Change isn't always a bad thing.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Yeah, but it's usually the first step to disaster lol
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Yeah, but it's usually the first step to disaster lol
As in: Changes you can believe in?
Sorry, couldn't help it...

Quick Reply: Do you like the 2013 Mustang's body style?