Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Got my AED lopey Idle tune!! Videos inside.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Default Got my AED lopey Idle tune!! Videos inside.

Let me just say that Shaun has been awesome to work with on this. I had several reservations about getting the tune with all that #8 stuff that happened in the past. And he as been the only one that has really explained why it happened and what he does different. This was just for a tune in general. Then I had many questions about the lopey idle part, not wanting the lund version. He answered all of them, and let me know that his was not a copy of the lund version, but his own made from scratch.

Well after speaking with him and getting all the info I would ever need, I pulled the trigger. But in keeping with safety, Shaun refused to send me the tune until I send him some pre-tune datalogs to prove my car was healthy and not in danger of toasting a piston. I got a clean bill of health, so he sent it over. But I was also required to do post-tune datalogs so he can dial it in and make it run oh so sweet. Which is where we are now. I was sending over logs, but Im an amateur and dont know how to use live link correctly, so its not complete just yet. But it is very safe. Now on to the impressions.

The new found power from the tune is just sick. I had no idea this car could feel so much stronger than it already did with nothing more than a tune. Im still stock otherwise, no CAI, and this car now RIPS!!!! Secondly, Shaun figured out how to remove some factory "power clips" as he calls them. Let me tell you, the car just snaps between shifts with no more hint of hesitation. I can easily powershift into 4th and get much more than a chirp. The throttle response feels better too, but he claims he did nothing with it. Oh well, it feels better to me. The car yanks your head off in 1-4 now if you can get traction. The power increase and ability to wind it out now is far worth the price of admission. Now on to the lope......

The lope is far more..........much more than you can hear in youtube videos. I had my car loping in the garage, and it shook the whole house. My wife normally doesnt care about my car or what Im doing to it, but she took the time to get out of bed a few nights ago and come down to chew me out for shaking the house and waking the kids up. I had no idea this was going to lope so hard....but I LOVE IT! And to those that call it a poser mod and so on, you have no idea. The car shakes and rocks like it has a monster bigblock with a huge cam. Its so very cool and sounds like sex. The drivability is as expected below the lope threshold of 1100rpm. Its a handful to drive slow, but all you need to do is to take the revs up to 1100 or more and ride it out from there. Completely stock feeling at that point. There are no other quirks with it or anything that I can see. Just the total experience of having a huge cam, and all the looks and thumbs up that come with it. I couldnt be happier. And I cant wait to see the faces of the people when I come loping into the car shows this summer in my car. Its going to be epic, and I would gladly be called a poser for it. This is a must have!! Now on to the videos.......

2011 Mustang GT AED Idle lope tune - YouTube

Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Nice. Do u have stock mufflers too? Is he selling this tune yet?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Yeah Shaun is selling it now. And I am running only magnaflow muffler deletes. It sounds so much better in person. Very deep.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Thanks. Sounds good in the videos. Might be calling about this. Still debating if i want to tune this one yet. But I'm starting to get the mod itch again. Trying not to scratch it just yet. Lol
Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Dacam

So you only have Magnaflow's? Do you still have the stock Cat's.
I was told that if I wanted to run the Lund Tune I would have to remove the cat's. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to pass smog check.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dacam
So you only have Magnaflow's? Do you still have the stock Cat's.
I was told that if I wanted to run the Lund Tune I would have to remove the cat's. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to pass smog check.
Yep still have the cats. Car runs perfect and lopes hard. Shaun's tune is not lunds tune. It's completely different how it works. Give him a call and ask.

(916) 715-7569
Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Any tune that does not completely burn the fuel during normal DD operation will be bad for the cats.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Any tune that does not completely burn the fuel during normal DD operation will be bad for the cats.
You only have that condition at idle with this tune dude. Besides, the stock tune has a cat over temp protection that throws fuel at the cats to cool them down.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 PM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

Sounds real good. Congrats.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

nice sounds, hey jiggy 1 what kind of wheels are those?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got my AED lopey Idle tune!! Videos inside.