Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My CPR turbo kit in process of Fabrication. Lots of pics!!!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
StevenStarke

Default My CPR turbo kit in process of Fabrication. Lots of pics!!!

I'm very happy to be working with Dustin at CPR for my turbo needs. I was working with another Fabricator but we weren't able to get on the same page and Dustin contacted me and we worked out a great deal. So far I'm very impressed with his knowledge and fabrication skills. The kit should be done within a week or 2 and then will be shipped to me in NY which will take about a week. I will be installing a KB BAP, 1000cc Efi Wizard injectors and GT500 axle backs simultaneously with the turbo kit. I already have an SCT tuner so we'll be using that for tuning.

I will ALSO be installing a 2013 Shelby GT500 front end (but retaining my 11/12 HID headlights). And lastly I have a set of 20" TSW Nurburgrings coming in next week so all in all the car should be real nice in about a month. The only difference on my kit from the STD CPR kit is that I'm running a Tial gate and bov (Sponsored) and dumping the wastegate externally instead of routing it back into the downpipe. I'm planning to run somewhere around 6-8 psi on 93 octane and I will be driving the car daily 80 miles round trip to work with the turbo kit on it. I'll also be driving it to the track (2.5 hours away) and running it as soon as it gets a little cooler after the summer. Below are some pics of the kit during the construction phase. I'll post another thread once I get it installed with pics, etc...

Any questions feel free to ask. Once this is all done I'll have plenty of you tube vids, pics, reviews, etc...

SS header flanges

You can see the reroute tube on this one, mine does not have that part.

Headers all Done!!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Nice welding! Good build, keep the pics coming!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
terrellble
1st Gear Member

Simply amazing, cant wait for the 2013 front end pics!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Why single turbo if you are going the custom route? Didn't want the Hellion?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
StevenStarke

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Why single turbo if you are going the custom route? Didn't want the Hellion?

The hellion single kit is JUNK honestly. Even they realized it hence why they're coming out with a twin kit.

The 5.0 community is used to using blower kits that are 5k-7k. This kit is $7299. This is comparable to those. The twin kits are more expensive and will not be comparable the blower kits. I wanted to run this on my daily driver to show you can drive on a turbo every day and have it be just as reliable as a blower setup.

What's real nice about this kit as well is that the headers can easily be converted to a twin kit. They're both forward facing so all you'd need is 2 new pipes coming of them feeding new turbos and new downpipes. I will probably switch to a twin setup in the future. But I'm going to see how this single kit goes for now. I think it has huge potential.

-Steve
Old 06-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Beef Supreme

Looks good so far.

I'm not sure what you're saying with the bypass pipe; it looks like that's where he chose to put the wastegate pipe.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Ronn
1st Gear Member

any up dates
Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Envy

Really nice welds, deff subscribing.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StevenStarke
The hellion single kit is JUNK honestly. Even they realized it hence why they're coming out with a twin kit.

The 5.0 community is used to using blower kits that are 5k-7k. This kit is $7299. This is comparable to those. The twin kits are more expensive and will not be comparable the blower kits. I wanted to run this on my daily driver to show you can drive on a turbo every day and have it be just as reliable as a blower setup.

What's real nice about this kit as well is that the headers can easily be converted to a twin kit. They're both forward facing so all you'd need is 2 new pipes coming of them feeding new turbos and new downpipes. I will probably switch to a twin setup in the future. But I'm going to see how this single kit goes for now. I think it has huge potential.

-Steve
I'm just curious why it is junk? I have a friend who is running one and he is very impressed... I was actually thinking about going the hellion route, so some insight on that kit as well would be awesome..