Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Mustang GT DISABLE DRLs??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
dakanaka

OK let me try to put this to rest....at least for an '05-09'...I have a "canadian" mustang. And I researched ALL the forums, and got many different answers. I opted for the correct way to turn off the DRL's, and that was through the dealer. It is true, not all dealers will do it, nor do all tech's at the dealer actually have the knowledge on how to do it. I had to go to 2 different ones to get it done. The tech at the second one knew how to do it. Even though I explained to the first tech, he said he could not do it...blah blah blah and that it would be a safety issue....Long story short, first canadian versions. You have to find a "donor" VIN from a similar mustang, with the same options. The tech will download those specs for the Smart Juntion Box. He then needs to upload it into your Smart Junction Box, and choose to turn the DRL's off. Easy as that. Now the newer Mustangs in the states have that choice built into the box and the tech can just go in there and turn them off. thats 2010 and up..it is possible and very doable, you just have to find the right dealer...I just had it done today after reading and calling around to quite a few places.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Therealdeviant

Jiggy has no clue what he is talking about. My 2011 mustang has drl's but keep in mind that I bought it used, and the previous owner requested it to be activated. The dealer told me that in order to turn it off, they'd have to program it to be inactive, and they will not do that. So if anyone has a solution I am all ears.