MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-v8-technical-discussions-137/)
-   -   302 intake (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-v8-technical-discussions/667345-302-intake.html)

superdutyfan 03-18-2012 10:57 PM

302 intake

so is the intake worth it on the AM website most positive reviews. I will it void the factory warranty ? i guess what i am asking would you install it and if you have has there been any problems because of it. I want Super charger but quit expensive and a warranty killer. and on a different note. Is it better to go with just axle back exhaust or headers back exhaust. I would like to go with all roush equipment.(except for the 302 intake). what tuner is the best to go with or are they all the same with different name.

Thanks SDF

SteedaBrandon 03-19-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by superdutyfan (Post 7879781)
so is the intake worth it on the AM website most positive reviews. I will it void the factory warranty ? i guess what i am asking would you install it and if you have has there been any problems because of it. I want Super charger but quit expensive and a warranty killer. and on a different note. Is it better to go with just axle back exhaust or headers back exhaust. I would like to go with all roush equipment.(except for the 302 intake). what tuner is the best to go with or are they all the same with different name.

Thanks SDF

Warranty voidance is such a controversial issue.

Basically, the run-down is that simply installing a part should not void your warranty, the problem comes when something goes wrong and you take it in to have the dealership fix the problem. The dealership is able to void your warranty if it sees that you have an aftermarket part related to the powertrain, according to the law (Magnuson Moss Warranty Act) they have to prove the part(s) caused the damage. However, even if they don't "prove" it, most people are not going to go through the fees and hassle of suing the dealership. Warranty voidances are not handled by Ford, they leave it up to the dealership to decide that. Ford only decides whether it will cover the repair costs of the dealership as due to a manufacturing fault. And obviously, if Ford will not pay for the repairs, then the dealership is likely to try and find a way out.

Steeda has a close relationship with Ford via their Technology Transfer Program, so most dealers are not going to give you any troubles over your Steeda parts.

You aren't going to see much of a gain from an axle-back, honestly. I would suggest going with longtubes and an x-pipe to add power. The axle-back would just be for the noise, look, and possible weight reduction.

Let me know if I can help you with any of this.

SSKILLER5.0 03-19-2012 07:27 PM

I'm with brandon. Unless it is just for noise(which is fine) than axlebacks on this car do nothing. As for as the tuners are concerned Bama(american muscle) or brenspeed seem to be two of the most popular "canned" tuners. The alure for most to bama is their warranty over number 8 failure. Not talking to you like you don't know but if you don't just search number 8 failures on mustangs. You will see a load of info regarding it. Even though it is rare having a warranty against it is important to most..good luck. And as a kickback to brandon to my knowledge there have been no 8 cylinder failures with steeda tune..

superdutyfan 03-19-2012 08:29 PM

thanks for you input Brandon and SSkiller. What about the 302 intake would you istall that ?? I see in you sig SSkiller you have Pypes exhaust. are you happy with them ? i have read some negitive posts. As for CAI is there much difference between the different brands ?

Thanks SDF

SSKILLER5.0 03-19-2012 08:44 PM

The pypes system for me is great. You will find negative and positve for everything. It does have a more "nascar" sound than deep rumble so depends on what you like..they have some good videos of the 5.0 on their website. The 302 intake increases the horsepower in the high rpm range..5500 to 7000. Slight amount of torque loss on the bottom but just slight. Search on yahoo or whatever boss 302 review mustang 5.0 magazine. They had a great review of it. I was on the fence if I wanted it or not but I actually just purchased it. Late model restoration had it for 399! Great deal couldn't pass it up. I run a steeda CAI which I am partial to but lots of guys run JLT as well; those a probably two of the most popular.

superdutyfan 03-19-2012 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0 (Post 7880935)
The pypes system for me is great. You will find negative and positve for everything. It does have a more "nascar" sound than deep rumble so depends on what you like..they have some good videos of the 5.0 on their website. The 302 intake increases the horsepower in the high rpm range..5500 to 7000. Slight amount of torque loss on the bottom but just slight. Search on yahoo or whatever boss 302 review mustang 5.0 magazine. They had a great review of it. I was on the fence if I wanted it or not but I actually just purchased it. Late model restoration had it for 399! Great deal couldn't pass it up. I run a steeda CAI which I am partial to but lots of guys run JLT as well; those a probably two of the most popular.

Thanks again SDF

superdutyfan 03-19-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0 (Post 7880935)

A cowrker of my bought a red 2011 ss comero last spring and i want to leave him with his jaw on the ground. LOL

SDF

CubanoGT 03-19-2012 10:06 PM

You should have no prob with the camaro here's me vs one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jb1w...e_gdata_player

SSKILLER5.0 03-20-2012 05:27 AM

Thats called getting spanked!

Andy13186 03-20-2012 08:32 AM

some axlebacks weigh about 20 lbs less than stock mufflers