Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Warranty work already

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Damn. Previous owner must have rode it like a $5 hooker
Goodluck with replacements
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Really -

Man, the rental is sharp. I think it's a 13 maybe a 12 SEL Fushion. HOLY COW 37 MPGS.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Got a call:

Needs new motor and trans lol. They're still tearing it down, but advised both will most likely get replaced. They will have corp look at it and ok the work first. WHen they advise further I will let you know.

Exactly why I will not tune this one until the warranty is gone.

Gave me a 10 day rental......
Dang man, you've got almost as much bad luck as I do.

I have had 3 tranny replacements, last one went in last week, and now my engine is being replaced due to a bad #2 cyl.

If I find out what went wrong with the #2 from my SM I will let you all know. I will also have a video up soon of the rattle she has now in case others have it. (PM me if you'd like a link to the video when I make it, which will hopefully be tomorrow morning)

Just wrote Ford Corp. asking for them to FINALLY OK a replacement vehicle.. this one just cursed.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

With 5,700 miles, it probably never even got to it's first service yet. You will be covered no matter what. But, now you have to depend on the dealer to get it right, or keep going back till they get it right. And who wants to deal with that?! You don't expect, or suspect problems with a car with that LOW a mileage being that new to begin with. It may be a hassle, but it should work out in the end. I'm sorry for your problems with such a new Pony.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cbaty08
Dang man, you've got almost as much bad luck as I do.

I have had 3 tranny replacements, last one went in last week, and now my engine is being replaced due to a bad #2 cyl.

If I find out what went wrong with the #2 from my SM I will let you all know. I will also have a video up soon of the rattle she has now in case others have it. (PM me if you'd like a link to the video when I make it, which will hopefully be tomorrow morning)

Just wrote Ford Corp. asking for them to FINALLY OK a replacement vehicle.. this one just cursed.
If you purchased new it should fall under the lemon law if I'm not mistaken.

Not much info today; advised piston was slapping something that's it. Will know more Monday. She advised the tech has to tear the motor down completely and call into the engineers at corp. and let them know exactly where the failure is.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03gt04mach1
With 5,700 miles, it probably never even got to it's first service yet. You will be covered no matter what. But, now you have to depend on the dealer to get it right, or keep going back till they get it right. And who wants to deal with that?! You don't expect, or suspect problems with a car with that LOW a mileage being that new to begin with. It may be a hassle, but it should work out in the end. I'm sorry for your problems with such a new Pony.
In all honesty it happens. Who can prevent it? If they knew it would have been done right from the beginning. Yea it sucks, but no one’s fault ya know. I am still trying to get the dealer to get the previous owner to call me.....

Yes, it's had two services done. They left a sticker on the windshield from another ford dealer done at 4700 miles and the sticker from the dealer I bought it from.

I am going to take this car to ford for regular service according to the required maintenance intervalsand let them do it all. Although, there’s not much service required; VERY NICE. I mean a 30K car with 400 HP and several known issues, I just do not want to waste my warranty opportunity. Sucks, but hell it's the smartest thing to do I believe.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 AM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
If you purchased new it should fall under the lemon law if I'm not mistaken.

Not much info today; advised piston was slapping something that's it. Will know more Monday. She advised the tech has to tear the motor down completely and call into the engineers at corp. and let them know exactly where the failure is.
Wow, really??? I took my car in and they hooked it up to a computer I'm sure and found #2 to be the culprit... by the end of the day they (Ford Mo Co) had already OK'd the new long block..

Hope it works out for you man.

I bought it from the dealer with 5K on her... am currently waiting for Ford's reply on a replacement.. they have shot me down every time and I am just about to lose it with them.. if they don't want to replace it they will never see another dime from me, my family.. and many co-workers who are shocked at how many issues my car has had; it is clearly a lemon.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06
Damn. Previous owner must have rode it like a $5 hooker
Goodluck with replacements
only thing i can think may have happened is the previous owner just knew nothing about letting cars warmup and probably redlined it to 7k while the engine and oil temp was like 20 degrees farenheight
Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

No update today, boy this is hard. I only had car for 6 days... now Fords had it for 7 days lol.

Previous owner purchased May 2011 - Pretty warm here in GA....

I found my problem - Looked up previous registartion IT WAS A WOMAN - lol - JUST KIDDING women are great driver's, ask my wife

My Q .. why the hell didn't the Ford dealer I bought it from catch it? 120 point inspection my ***

Last edited by 99gtstang; 04-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cbaty08
Wow, really??? I took my car in and they hooked it up to a computer I'm sure and found #2 to be the culprit... by the end of the day they (Ford Mo Co) had already OK'd the new long block..

Hope it works out for you man.

I bought it from the dealer with 5K on her... am currently waiting for Ford's reply on a replacement.. they have shot me down every time and I am just about to lose it with them.. if they don't want to replace it they will never see another dime from me, my family.. and many co-workers who are shocked at how many issues my car has had; it is clearly a lemon.
How long did the install take?

From what I gather... They have to tear down the motor and the tranny before corp makes the final decision.

Quick Reply: Warranty work already