Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

My dealing with BAMA tune's customer service has been great experience. Plus I was amazed how easy it was to use the SCT.

Well it's been three days since I installed my C&L with BAMA Tunes and I'm very please with this product. This weekend I plan on installing the 93 race and taking my ride on the Autobahn. Can't wait!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
My dealing with BAMA tune's customer service has been great experience. Plus I was amazed how easy it was to use the SCT.

Well it's been three days since I installed my C&L with BAMA Tunes and I'm very please with this product. This weekend I plan on installing the 93 race and taking my ride on the Autobahn. Can't wait!!!
Jealousy... I have some.

Enjoy! Thanks for the great feedback and you'll have to let us know how that blast on the Autobahn goes!

Chris
Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I plan on doing a video and posting in one of the forum sections. And thank you all as well
Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Weak tunes = reason for warranty...yeah...sorry, not buyin it. Not knocking Lund (I've never done business with them) but to make a statement like that is just weak. How about stating what makes your tunes better?

If anything, the opposite is true. Why would an established business offer a warranty with an inferior product? Sure there may be short term gain if the product were inferior since people would be more likely to buy your product but in the long run the company would eat its shorts in warranty claims that in this case would costs Thousands of dollars each to fix. AM stepped up and differentiated itself by offering a warranty. Something no one else was willing to do...

Come to think of it, why doesn't every tuner offer a warranty with their tunes?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
gtjoseph

I agree the warranty is a great thing... Never had an issue with Bama, ran them for a while on a car that I bought from a friend.

I personally don't think warranties are a huge deal. If a manufacturer does not offer a warranty than I feel that their product would have to be 100% fail proof to not offer one. The warranty keeps them safe if something were to happen, but I think by not offering a warranty their would be more liability on their part as opposed to the consumer.

My computer failed a couple weeks back and it had a warranty, convienently it ran out 3 months before the computer broke.. I was **** OUT OF LUCK.

Chris, is your warranty limited?

I have the itch to trade the 2010 for the 2013.... damn the 13 looks nice.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 AM
gtjoseph

Chris,

Do you have a forum discount for members?

Thank You

Joe
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gtjoseph
Chris, is your warranty limited?
Here are all the details of our warranty: http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...nty-2011gt.pdf

As for discount codes, we do offer a discount code for active MustangForums.com members. Just hit up AMShaneLesky via PM and he'll hook you up!

Chris
Old 05-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by 92hatchLX
I had the exact opposite experience. The tune Bama sent me for my 2012 I felt no power gain, not so great fuel mileage however driveability was good. This was for my NA setup.
What mods did you have for your N/A setup? and what are you comparing the no power gain to? going from stock with no tune then just adding a tune with a manual I wouldn't expect you would notice a difference unless you were at the dragstrip and saw the .2 difference in your ET and 2-3mph trap gain. without mods you aren't adding that much to it. seat of the pants, it's hard to tell what you've gained at your elevation just driving down to sea level gives you much more of a power gain than a cai+tune would.

With all of my mods i've only been able to tell the difference with where my rear tires start breaking loose, it just starts a bit earlier in the rpm range. and ofcourse with the automatic transmission i saw frimer/harder shifts and at later rpms. I think gears made the only noticeable difference to me other than the transmission change with the initial tune. i'm sure if I drove a stock auto now and then drove mine i'd be appreciating what $1500 in mods did for me. I'm at 4000' elevation, and I saw the gains at the dragstrip more than I did by feeling. went from 13.0@108 cai+tune only to 12.6@112 with the mods in my sig. we run nearly 1 second slower at our track due to elevation/DA, nicest day i've ever seen out there was 4800' DA, frequently we see 7000'+ I never ran the car stock, but i didn't feel a real power difference between tuned/untuned, i'm sure I picked up a few tenths anyway.

I'm planning on switching to a BAMA tune myself soon, I'll be sending him a PM.

Last edited by Mishri; 05-17-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I am currently running a 93 Lund tune, it dynoed at 386/361 in a Boss 302 with a CAI......those are bone *** stock Boss 302 numbers from everything I've seen on any other site, guys with a CAI are putting down 415-420whp. I just bought two tunes from Steeda.....a 93 and a 91, we'll see how this goes in a week or so when I get to the dyno again.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I am currently running a 93 Lund tune, it dynoed at 386/361 in a Boss 302 with a CAI......those are bone *** stock Boss 302 numbers from everything I've seen on any other site, guys with a CAI are putting down 415-420whp. I just bought two tunes from Steeda.....a 93 and a 91, we'll see how this goes in a week or so when I get to the dyno again.
Wow does seem low. Please keep us posted when you get your next run in. Very curious to see how this goes.

Quick Reply: Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience