Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What bama tune are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 01:11 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Default What bama tune are you running?

Just got my x cal 3 and air raid intake from American muscle.
I ordered the 91 race,91 perf. And the 87 perf.

My tuner came with the 87 performance, 91 race and 93 performance...I can't get 91 because I live in California. I'm not worried about it I'm sure I'll just send them an email and they will send me the 91 performance tune.

Just wondering weather you guys like the race or performance tune better?
On my 05V6 I loved the performance tune over all of them.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:10 AM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

I think you meant you can't get 93 in Cali but I am sure we all know what you meant lol
You always could run 91 and add some octane booster every tank if you really wanted too and keep the 93 tune or save yourself a bit of trouble and let bama know since you got free tunes for life

In a year I run 4 different tunes.. soon to be only 3 since car is slowly becoming a good weather/strip car.

Currently run: depending on mood
93 Hybrid - Track/Daily Driver (smoother ride I find compared to the Race)
93 Race - Track/Occasional Weekend (when I want more of a kick when hitting the power band)
93 Performance - Road Trips (Get the best mileage outta my car on the highway with this tune)
93 Street - Winter (pretty self explanatory lol)
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

93 Race until summer and when I hit the drag strip. But in the summer I run a 93 cam tune. Long trips I too will also run a performance tune.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

93 performance tune is what I use the most. That and the 93 race tune every once in a while.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:41 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

93 performance all of the time. 93 Race if tracking/going to shows.

I am going off-road x soon so I will be getting a 93 performance ghost cam tune for shows.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM
DAD_23
1st Gear Member

Performance here as well. Good all around for city/hwy.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

93 Octane Ghost Cam tune....For the last Month.

Its a real conversation getter when I pull into any parking lot at the Mall, Movies, etc,etc. Head nods, thumbs up or some chick trying to take selfies with my car behind them. Really pisses off the wife. I love it.

I'll get a sound clip up soon and share what a Magnaflow front to back with O/R-X exhaust sounds like with that tune on it.

Last compliment I got was "Hey dude your car sounds amazing." Which of course gets the typical roll of the eyes from the wifey.... To which I said...well that's different... I usually get "Hey buddy that exhaust sounds awesome". ;-)
Old 01-22-2014, 01:47 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Lethaldosage423,

How do you like the tunes for far? I'm sorry you received the wrong Performance tune, but we can get that taken care for sure. Feel free to contact the Bama Team directly at the number in my signature and they'll be able to get the correct octane Performance tune emailed to you in no time. Another option is to file a new Bama tune request. Follow this link to fill out the Bama Tuning form. Once you get that worked out, the Bama guys will email the new tune out to you within 2-3 business days.

With my '04 Cobra, I always ran the 93 Race tune year round. Granted, the car never left the garage during winter months, but never the less the race tune was installed.

I also really like the 91-93 Street tune. As it gives you the best economy MPG & it's much torquey than the Performance tune. I really enjoy have instant torque at the tip of the gas pedal.

Hit me up if you have other questions with about your tunes!

Shane
Old 01-23-2014, 03:19 AM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
93 Octane Ghost Cam tune....For the last Month.

Its a real conversation getter when I pull into any parking lot at the Mall, Movies, etc,etc. Head nods, thumbs up or some chick trying to take selfies with my car behind them. Really pisses off the wife. I love it.

I'll get a sound clip up soon and share what a Magnaflow front to back with O/R-X exhaust sounds like with that tune on it.

Last compliment I got was "Hey dude your car sounds amazing." Which of course gets the typical roll of the eyes from the wifey.... To which I said...well that's different... I usually get "Hey buddy that exhaust sounds awesome". ;-)
Hey, do you find the car will stall on you easily if it's a hot day with the cam tune?

My '13 I find if it's short trips no issues but if it's hot out and i've been driving around like on a cruise or to the track (about 45min away) when I come to stops sometimes it likes to stall does this happen to you as well?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BairdGT
Hey, do you find the car will stall on you easily if it's a hot day with the cam tune?

Yep, it stalls easily if you let it. It's not for stoplight to stoplight driving.

Quick Reply: What bama tune are you running?