Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Steeda CAI and BAMA 91 race tune dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:18 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NAVYMAN
I finally got a chance to get the car on the dyno this past weekend and get a few pulls in. The car made 392hp/348tq & 395hp/346tq on back to back pulls. Are my tq numbers a little low or is this what tuned cars are seeing? I have the printouts from the runs but i cant seem to get them to load...
Navyman, those are solid numbers! Being that it's 91octane and you factor in your elevation & humidity we typically see dyno pulls between 390-405hp. I bet the 5.0 really puts you in your seat! If you would like an addition tweak to your tune from our Bama team. Take a few datalogs of both causal driving and WOT. Email them back to Bama and they can make more accurate adjustments. If you're not sure how to datalog check out these instructions.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...alog-11-12.pdf

Let me know if there's anything at all I can help with too!

Shane
Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

I'm surprised nobody asked this yet: Was there a baseline done to compare before and after the mods?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 PM
NAVYMAN
1st Gear Member

@ terrellble it is a manual w/ 3.73's & @ burns331 it is just the steeda cold air intake and the Bama 91 race tune.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
NAVYMAN
1st Gear Member

@ AMshane thanks and I will definitely look into the data logging & @Thrashard I didnt do a pre and post dyno due to cost of dyno time here in SoCal. I can say my butt dyno noticed a big difference from stock vs tune and CAI.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

@ AMshane thanks and I will definitely look into the data logging & @Thrashard I didnt do a pre and post dyno due to cost of dyno time here in SoCal. I can say my butt dyno noticed a big difference from stock vs tune and CAI.
NAVYMAN, So where are you dyno'ing at in San Diego? What shops do you go to. I PCSed to San Diego last summer and was only there a couple of months before deploying. Will be there for quite a while when i return.

PS: LOL! butt dyno =)
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 PM
NAVYMAN
1st Gear Member

@slowbra it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, a couple of friends of mine both have lexus IS-f's and they were going to dyno their cars out in Santee at a place called the Dynoshop. I went along for some fun and to get some nice kills. I have looked around here locally in the SD area and pretty much everybody around here is extremely proud of their dyno because the avg price from Virginia vs here in SoCal is a pretty big jump. Prior to buying anything I looked around to check on having a custom dyno tune and most places avg around $500 and then you still have to buy a tuner and intake.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

@slowbra it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, a couple of friends of mine both have lexus IS-f's and they were going to dyno their cars out in Santee at a place called the Dynoshop. I went along for some fun and to get some nice kills. I have looked around here locally in the SD area and pretty much everybody around here is extremely proud of their dyno because the avg price from Virginia vs here in SoCal is a pretty big jump. Prior to buying anything I looked around to check on having a custom dyno tune and most places avg around $500 and then you still have to buy a tuner and intake.
Two words.... Good Lord!!! Think in Houston when i pick it up i can drive it to a shop and get 3 runs for 150$ lol. Seems a little steep just to run it for the numbers and no tune. Ill have to grab one before i drive out of texas lol. I have heard of Dynoshop though.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

395whp is a good number for cai+tune only. i've seen up to 405whp, but every car and dyno is different... oh yeah, and since its only 91 octane that is a great number, the 405whp is with 93 octane.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 PM
NAVYMAN
1st Gear Member

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited by NAVYMAN; 05-26-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:37 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Almost every N/A tuned dyno sheet I've seen has that dip between 2k and 3k rpms. Is that just how the intake/exhaust cycle adds up in these engines or is it tune related with the timing of the cams? Though the above curve is a lot smoother than the steeda/jlt/airaid comparison
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...look-here.html

The stock tune doesn't have the dip.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...4hp-381tq.html

Any thoughts from the vendors?

Quick Reply: Steeda CAI and BAMA 91 race tune dyno numbers.