Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Making your Mustang shine

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

I've been using Zaino products for a while. Seems to really make the car shine, and repels dust pretty well too.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by terrellble
wproctor411,

Are you using the odo Juice Lime Prime Prewax Cleanser or other products from them?

Very interested in the Orange Crush for my Race Red
No but I do strip the old wax first with a Turtle brand product. I plan on doing a clay bar treatment next time as well. The clay bars help a great deal but I don't drive it much so it's something I will do every other summer.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I had DodJuice Rainforest rub and blue velvet and I will say. I wasnt to impressed with them. Spreading them wasnt very smooth compared to other waxes. They came off easy but application was a bit of a PITA with them. I sold both those tubs off
It does take longer with the all natural products no doubt. Total strip clean and wax took about 4 hours. Using clay bars helps smooth the surface. Setting the little tubs of wax in the sun for a little. It helps soften it up some.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
i had it..i also have Wolfgang Fuzion, BlackFire Midnight Sun
Souveran was a nice wax..went on butter smooth and came of just as easy..a little went a very long way. Now its basically just a show wax. you will get maybe 3weeks of protection from it before it wears off. I personally like midnight sun better but lately I only use Black Fire Wet Diamond and Black Fire Crystal seal over it. Are you looking for durability or just looks?
Right now, just looks. I do use a wax about once a month. But when I go to cruise night or something like that I would like something that would make it stand out just a little bit more.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Woodys2718

I've used exclusively Zaino products on everything I've owned for about 11 years now. I'm very picky. Read some reviews about it... not many on the market will outshine or outlast.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Nu Finish. Not that great of a show wax but for durability it is great. It advertises once a year but it is really 4-6 months. Just don't get it on any plastics, if you do wipe off immediately with a wet cloth or you will have white spots.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 AM
POMBCHSTANG

Try Meguiars Speed Glaze in between waxing, it give my car and amazing reflective shine. You might have to order it online! I can never find it in the auto part stores. Amazon has it.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:58 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Mequiar's NXT 2.0 here. I put it on by hand and polish it off by hand. I put a very small amount on. I mean very small. When I apply it, I almost polish it to buffed. Then I final buff it. Really, really shines well.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:01 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by POMBCHSTANG
Try Meguiars Speed Glaze in between waxing, it give my car and amazing reflective shine. You might have to order it online! I can never find it in the auto part stores. Amazon has it.
Does this do better than Mequiar's Ultimate Detail spray? Never heard of it.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Taskiss
1st Gear Member

I used Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax for years on all my cars, but recently I tried Turtle Wax ICE.

I won't go back to using the Meguiars wax. I still use their detail spray, wash and wax, and tire care products, but the Turtle wax rocks.

Quick Reply: Making your Mustang shine