Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost cam idle tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
jimj3125
1st Gear Member

Default Ghost cam idle tune?

Anyone know what's going on with the Ghost cam idle tune from sct?:-)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:39 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

If you go back a page or two, you can find two threads all about it. Long story short, makes your idle sound badass, no harm done to your engine or performance, but the "riceness" is up for debate.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yep, a few vendors now have it. Bama and Jon Lund both have it for sure. I am in the camp of people that thinks it sounds cool, but it's a poser/ricer type of thing to do. and alot of people hearing it would think it sounds like your engine isn't running right... You might not believe the number of people who hear that cam sound and say, 'oh whats wrong with that car? it's engine must be junk'. especially girls.. the equate it with a old junker.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Bama said they had it, or would have it, but so far have not delivered. Something about missing tables from SCT or something like that. They have been mum on the issue, and I'm pretty sure they are hoping people just forget about it.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah I kept my mouth shut on the original post from American Muscle about it. I like them a lot and respect what they've been able to do with our cars but IMO why make the car sound like something it doesn't have? That's just rice/poser/whatever.

Either you have cams, or you don't. If you don't and you sound like, you're going to look like tool when a slomaro with a cam pulls up next to you and squashes you.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

For all the headaches people put themselves through to get the exact right combination of header, midpipe, and axleback to get just the right sound, when somebody uses the tune to change the sound, suddenly its cheating and its rice. Makes no sense to me. And don't tell me people do exhaust for the performance.....that's bull 95% of the time. Ford tuned the exhaust of the Bullitt editions to sound like the car from the movie. So if somebody in a Bullitt mustang is sitting at a stoplight and the real movie car with a 390 pulls up beside it, should that guy in the Bullitt hang his head in shame for having a phony pony?

I didn't want to have this arguement again, but ya'all started it!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

And for the record, I think calling a car rice, poser, what have you, is crap. No matter what soembody did to their car, they did it with pride according to what they want and what they like. Its your right to dislike it, but you don't have to resort to name calling and belittling.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM
jimj3125
1st Gear Member

What is meant by poser/ricer?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser

seems to fit.. and yeah, axle back exhaust is sort of ricer, except atleast it isn't that horrible sounding fart can noise.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

I'd rather buy one of these tuners with the ghost cam, then spend $2000 on the real thing for just the sound. That sounds dumb to me. Also, for the record, getting big cams and big gains can also be had WITHOUT huge overlap causing that awesome idle. So would you be a poser that way?>

Quick Reply: Ghost cam idle tune?