Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Boss tunes

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I'm still going back and forth on the boss. I love the way it looks but am having a hard time comming to grips with the payment it would be.

I want it BAD.... but am a father of 3. (one newborn) The wife keeps comming up with logical arguments like, we need a vehicle we can all sit in... It really doesnt help that our Ranger would be upside down right now, or that I have two houses... lol.

I'm looking at a 2012 GT as I get really good deals on those with X plan + current rebates. I would have to think about it for a while.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Senderofan

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Yeah, I'm still going back and forth on the boss. I love the way it looks but am having a hard time comming to grips with the payment it would be.

I want it BAD.... but am a father of 3. (one newborn) The wife keeps comming up with logical arguments like, we need a vehicle we can all sit in... It really doesnt help that our Ranger would be upside down right now, or that I have two houses... lol.

I'm looking at a 2012 GT as I get really good deals on those with X plan + current rebates. I would have to think about it for a while.
I understand the financial side of things. We have two kids ourselves....but my wife said she no longer felt comfortable driving her motorcycle ( Which was two years old.) We don't have tons of money or eat steak on a weekly basis....but this has been a topic of discussion for the 20 years we've been married. I've always said my dream was to own a Mustang. So instead of the bikes...we drive the Boss.

I searched around our area and found a dealer than had a Boss and a loaded GT. I was leaning towards the GT...because it had all the plush stuff and the Shaker Pro stereo...all for about $6-7K less than the Boss. But when you see it....and test drive it....there is little doubt which vehicle your heart likes after that experience. Something that clinched the deal for my wife.....the low production numbers. I showed my wife the serialized number on the intake. She thought it would make owning the Boss worth the extra $$$$ up front. Then she learned about Track Attack, which Ford gives a new owner a free one day driving class.....we're both attending and might make it an annual deal....taking Ford High Performance Driving courses.

Guess I would say....Go for which ever vehicle you can afford. If the timing isn't good right now.....there's a ton of buzz out there regarding the 2015 Mustang....IRS and 500 hp......that would be worth waiting for if a Boss isn't in the cards...IMHO.

Good Luck,

Wayne