Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

No Brembo Brake Package On A Califronia Special - Aftermarket Suspension/Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

I regret not getting the GT/CS...granted you can buy all the exterior stuff later. HOwever the thing I really wanted at the time was the CF seats and interior dash. But thinking on it now Id rather have the Recaro seats but good luck finding those on a used car.

I hate the "Look" of the GT brembo calipers! Dull, nasty looking....GT500 ones are NICE!

Its like this: get the GT/CS, remove the stripes and get the Eibach Pro-System plus & a custom built brake pkg here: http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/mustan...2-mustang.html

IMHO, that's what I would do....thats what I wish I did.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Juice5.0

Originally Posted by uin2it
I regret not getting the GT/CS...granted you can buy all the exterior stuff later. HOwever the thing I really wanted at the time was the CF seats and interior dash. But thinking on it now Id rather have the Recaro seats but good luck finding those on a used car.

I hate the "Look" of the GT brembo calipers! Dull, nasty looking....GT500 ones are NICE!

Its like this: get the GT/CS, remove the stripes and get the Eibach Pro-System plus & a custom built brake pkg here: http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/mustan...2-mustang.html

IMHO, that's what I would do....thats what I wish I did.
As I've thought about it more and read your posts here I think I am leaning towards exactly what you just suggested.

I'm thinking of getting the GT/CS and removing the stripes. Add the Eibach Pro-System Suspension package which also lowers the car (which I definitely want to do). I also want to add different wheels/tires...specifically to add width the the rear. I would see how the stock brakes faired during the more intense driving and then upgrade and replace when worn. In wanting to do the lowering and wheels/tires I would be replacing a good portion of the Brembo Package so it almost seems pointless to buy....other than maybe the traction control and sport mode upgrades (although I am starting to think those two upgrades aren't that big anyway?).

That is my update. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I would just get a base model and modify it, unless a CS or brembo car is the same price. aftermarket mods are all superior to those factory options. especially wheels/tires, suspension and brakes.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:30 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Juice5.0
As I've thought about it more and read your posts here I think I am leaning towards exactly what you just suggested.

I'm thinking of getting the GT/CS and removing the stripes. Add the Eibach Pro-System Suspension package which also lowers the car (which I definitely want to do). I also want to add different wheels/tires...specifically to add width the the rear. I would see how the stock brakes faired during the more intense driving and then upgrade and replace when worn. In wanting to do the lowering and wheels/tires I would be replacing a good portion of the Brembo Package so it almost seems pointless to buy....other than maybe the traction control and sport mode upgrades (although I am starting to think those two upgrades aren't that big anyway?).

That is my update. Any thoughts? Thanks.
You should look at how much the Brembo package takeoff wheel/tires are going for online. Getting the package and selling the wheels will.. pay for the package (or most of it). The wheels alone are $400 a piece. Sell the wheels.. and you are essentially getting the brake package for free. Just food for thought.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Juice5.0

Originally Posted by MrSandman
You should look at how much the Brembo package takeoff wheel/tires are going for online. Getting the package and selling the wheels will.. pay for the package (or most of it). The wheels alone are $400 a piece. Sell the wheels.. and you are essentially getting the brake package for free. Just food for thought.

Ya, good point! A good way of looking at it.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Juice5.0

Have come to a decision on this dilemma. Thanks to everyone's input and the research I did I am choosing to buy a 11-12 GT w/Brembo Brake Package. I'll simply add a new front grille and chin spoiler while keeping the wheels that come with the package (for the near term at least). Will lower with aftermarket springs and probably add a CAI and new exhaust. Thanks everyone!