Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Who has done CAI/TUNE,,,speak up!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I too am using the JLT CAI and SCT Tuner with tunes from Bama. I daily drive my car and run with the race tune on all the time. I take it to the track and race it 2 or 3 times every other week. I've got a full exhaust (headers, o/r x-pipe, muffler delete) and love every bit of it. Haven't had a problem yet (knocks on wood). I would say mod the hell out of it, with the warranty from Bama on the #8 cylinder you should be fine. Just follow the instructions, do what it says, and go for it! You'll be amazed and the difference from stock to Tunes. It's like night and day!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Chrisc33
1st Gear Member

Mod it live life by day. what I would do just save the mOney to mod it all at once
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chrisc33
Mod it live life by day. what I would do just save the mOney to mod it all at once
sooooooo true!
When i bought my 12, the finance guy forgot to ask me for my down payment. So when he called me the next day, imagine his surprise when i told him "I thought this was a "one-time" kickback so i could mod my car! You realize that i spent it on the supercharger, right!?"
Old 09-06-2012, 05:04 AM
bmaytum
1st Gear Member

I have 2 mustangs with CAI/Tune/Performance exhaust. Both have been very reliable over the last 4 years. I assume how aggressively you tune will make a difference to engine life. I am running an economy/power tune.

Don't forget yo
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
sooooooo true!
When i bought my 12, the finance guy forgot to ask me for my down payment. So when he called me the next day, imagine his surprise when i told him "I thought this was a "one-time" kickback so i could mod my car! You realize that i spent it on the supercharger, right!?"
Ok I can't tell whether your being serious or not I'm sorry, did you actually spend it on a supercharger or were you just screwing with him?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by miller89
Ok I can't tell whether your being serious or not I'm sorry, did you actually spend it on a supercharger or were you just screwing with him?
just screwing with him, unfortunately.
But when i showed up all he said was "I saw the Mustang you traded in, and for a second there i thought you were serious!"

i would have been hard-pressed to come up with money for a S/C and the down payment, so i opted for keeping the car! lol

Just one of those things...you would had to have been there in the finance office to hear our conversation to understand the nature of that phone call! Needless to say we both got a good laugh out of it