Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Finally tuned... Any advice???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:52 PM
jyna06gt
1st Gear Member

I forgot that everyone here is a master tuner for the 5.0L, I apologize. Just from research and personal experience I felt that AED is a much better tune.

trexgawd- your right you cannot compare those two tunes together. And yes you do have to pay extra ontop of the price of the tuner to be able to get a AED tune. I should have mentioned that in my post.

AMDanBailer- Please dont take in anyway that I was trying to Bash american muscle. I have oreder plenty of parts and have ordered tunes from you guys before and the service was great and the tunes were good, safe, tunes like you stated. I was just making a point that you guys do have that coverage for the motor, I only stated the #8 cylinder due to the fact that that's what everyone(not thats theres a ton) is having happen with their motors after tuning(not even saying its your tuning because it COULD happen from tunes else where.) There is actually a guy on svtperformance that has had the #8 issue and has taken it to ford and they denied the warranty and he sent the required info to you guys and you sent him a check. Didnt speak bad about the process said nothing but how good you guys took care of it. I was just trying to state that in my personal experience I felt AED did a better job thats all.

Scottmach- yes i have actually had a VMP tune. Was is awesome for the money? yes it was. however look around to different forums svtperfromance, stangnet, ect.. and you will see more people running great numbers on the AED tune's. My post was an opinion, much like everyone elses that post here. If you dont feel that my opinion was valid or truthful that is your opinion. I wasnt trying to step on your toes or say that any tunes you suggest are junk. I was just letting the op know of a possible better tune.

TO THE OP- im sorry if you felt that your post was jacked by all of this unnecessary arguments on my part. I just wanted you to know about other tunes out there that may be better for your car. If thats what your looking for and if that in deed is what the problem was with your rev's.

Last edited by jyna06gt; 10-05-2012 at 09:55 PM.