Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New Mustang 5.0 WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Default New Mustang 5.0 WOW!

This is a brute of a muscle car. I traded my 2007 GT in 2010 for a new Challenger R/T. The horsepower gains weren't hardly noticeable until I gutted the original exhaust for a Magnaflow Competition series catback, installed a K&N CAI and Diablosport 93CAI tune. Still, I knew I was probably not quite hitting even 400hp and the car just didn't have quite the low end torque I thought it should have had. Even worse was the fact that my wife did not like driving that car at all compared to the Mustang we'd had. Well, since 2011 when the Coyote engine appeared in the new Mustangs I've been a huge admirer of what Ford was doing. Making a real race car! Alas I kind of decided for better or worse just to hang onto the Chrysler and hope it didn't blow the engine or anything silly. Today we stopped for the third time this year at a Ford dealer and finally they had 2013 5.0 Automatics in stock at kick butt prices even with leather and traded up for one in Deep Impact blue with white Shelby stripes down the middle. First off, it just feels right to be back into a Mustang again. We always thought we were more Mustang people than Mopar folk anyhow, all of our other vehicles have been Fords since we were married 22 yrs ago anyhow. Secondly, the ride is muuuch improved over our 2007 GT and the power is just insane compared to the Challenger all tuned up and I've not even gotten close to gettin my foot in it on the 5.0 yet because I'm waiting to pass the 500 mile mark before I try any WOTs or anything. The shifts are much smoother than the clanky mess on the Dodge and having six instead of five speeds available spreads the load out nicely. The exhaust sounds quite awesome indeed. I honestly don't see where I need or wish to 'improve' anything by way of modding because this sweet ride is so far ahead of my modded up R/T, which really was no slouch btw, that I don't think I need any more speed or power. This car seems to have all the real world power I'll ever use and even more I probably never wil.! And that's a great feeling for a change. I have been forever dreading how much $$$ I was going to have to come up with to give my R/T similar power and reliability at the same time. Pics to follow.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 AM
kennebell

congrats for the car ur gonna love it and the 5 liter mustang beats the camaro ss and srt8 its gonna beat all cars in its level
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Cograts on the new ride & welcome back! The 5.0 is a beast. Ditto on what kennebell said. I am running Steeda custom tunes and it takes it to a whole different level. We traded my wife's SUV a month ago. The owner of the dealership had a tuned 6.2 SRT Challenger. He walked over and was looking at my Mustang and started asking questions. I offered to run him. He wanted no part of it.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 AM
rangerfx405
2nd Gear Member

Congrats and thanks for sharing your story
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

congrats man! Any pics?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Get the camera! Pictures, burnouts!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Congrats
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The charger is a 4 door land yacht! It's huge and heavy.

I like to drive my wifes chrysler 300 every now and then, just so my car will feel so nimble next time I drive it.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Pics I promised!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: New Mustang 5.0 WOW!