Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

MisFire

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Default MisFire

Just took car to dealer. 13Gt check engine light came on with loss of power. Light went out after 1 min, and power was back to normal. Dealer is saying that the computer has a code of # 3 cylinder has a misfire. They are still looking into it. Has anybody else have this problem? Anything else I should ask them to look for?

Thanks
Kevin
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Default UPDATE

Just got the car back. The dealership could not find the problem. Misfire is on cylinders #1,3,4. They changed plugs and checked the EEC. Nothing has helped. They contacted the Ford engineers today, now I am waiting on Ford. Now my question..Can a Cam position sensor cause a misfire?
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
cduballstars

could be a bad coil. did your engine light flash? or just come on solid?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

I kept getting a random and #4 misfire code. I went and got a custom tune and it has never happened again. Now I have a supercharger 47lb injectors and its still not throwing the code. Although the first mail order custom tune I had was throwing a rich code at low throttle. Have for reflash your computer might be a random corruption.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Update..The dealer has changed the plugs, updated the computer. It is randomly throwing the misfire codes on cylinders 1,3,4. The dealer contacted Ford engineering. I guess this problem is happening on other mustangs. Now if they can hurry up and find a fix for this problem.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM
cduballstars

same thing happens with my '12 GT, no mods at all. had motor replaced back in march i think there was more issues that werent addressed by serv dept.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cduballstars
same thing happens with my '12 GT, no mods at all. had motor replaced back in march i think there was more issues that werent addressed by serv dept.
What was the dealerships reason for changing the motor? They couldn't find the problem? I'm starting to look at the lemon laws now. 3700 miles on the car, and this is the third time it is going into the shop. They can't find the problem, they just know it is happening. What is pissing me off is that Ford knows there is a problem, but have no fix for it.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 AM
cduballstars

spun bearing do to oil pressure issues, now im getting misfires and engine light issues on and off constantly, when they pulled the PCM they see it misfires at 4500 rpm with a speed of only 40.....i had my motor replaced at 3800 miles and the car isnt a year old....PA lemon law is 12k miles.....i have 13K on it so im at the mercy of Ford.... i called their consumer line and they were pretty helpful, if i can find the info i will pass it to you in a PM.....
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cduballstars
spun bearing do to oil pressure issues, now im getting misfires and engine light issues on and off constantly, when they pulled the PCM they see it misfires at 4500 rpm with a speed of only 40.....i had my motor replaced at 3800 miles and the car isnt a year old....PA lemon law is 12k miles.....i have 13K on it so im at the mercy of Ford.... i called their consumer line and they were pretty helpful, if i can find the info i will pass it to you in a PM.....
Thanks for all the info. My dealership is doing the best they can with what info they are getting from Ford. Im now waiting for the Ford rep to set an appointment to look at my car.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
wicked400ex

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Just took car to dealer. 13Gt check engine light came on with loss of power. Light went out after 1 min, and power was back to normal. Dealer is saying that the computer has a code of # 3 cylinder has a misfire. They are still looking into it. Has anybody else have this problem? Anything else I should ask them to look for?

Thanks
Kevin
Have your dealer:
Perform Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction. Select IDS Toolbox Icon, Powertrain, Service Functions, then Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction.

Quick Reply: MisFire