Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Manual shifter upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

Have the MGW and shifts like butter even revving the car to 7800.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Hysteric
1st Gear Member

I have a Barton in mine. I have never experienced any of the other shifters, but a friend with a Shelby GT says it feels very similar to his. Great build quality in it. Only complaint is that it can sometimes be tough to put into reverse, but it seems to have gotten better over the past few months.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM
5.0Yeah!
1st Gear Member

I am going to look into the MGW.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 AM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

I have the Hurst Billit plus short throw shifter and it made a night and day differance. Plus it is a very nice looking piece.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 AM
xnuke1
1st Gear Member

Just got my GT last week. MGW is tops on the list after all the research. I think spending the extra money now will be the smart choice instead of repeating the same experiments many of the people here have done. Only to come to the same conclusion months down the road.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM
jim karns

Default Barton 2 post shifter bracket... NO difference?

Greetings,
I installed the 2 post shifter bracket (Barton) due to sloppy power shifting (specifically between 2nd & 3rd.) After the install - I don't notice TO MUCH CHANGE??? Is there something else I should know? Is the fact that the car is a convert a possible problem (Body flexing?)?? Really confused. The bracket is high quality - but works about as well as the stamped steel part - (the one that's held together with tie wraps) FMC part. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. Jim
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

MGW!! Only option!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 AM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

The MGW really works. If you read a few "what should I get" threads, what you'll notice is that people who talk about getting an MGW suddenly stop posting when it arrives. They might post a "I just got it" message, and then ... silence. They're no longer bothered by shifting problems and they move on.

Originally Posted by jim karns
Greetings,
I installed the 2 post shifter bracket (Barton) due to sloppy power shifting (specifically between 2nd & 3rd.) After the install - I don't notice TO MUCH CHANGE??? Is there something else I should know? Is the fact that the car is a convert a possible problem (Body flexing?)?? Really confused. The bracket is high quality - but works about as well as the stamped steel part - (the one that's held together with tie wraps) FMC part. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. Jim
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jim karns
Greetings,
The bracket only helps a little, the shifter makes most of the difference. The bracket just helps from missing the gates due to lateral forces.

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-21-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

short shifter rocks..
mine came with one...

Quick Reply: Manual shifter upgrades