Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Boss 302 Intake Manifold installed with C&L CAI????

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Default Boss 302 Intake Manifold installed with C&L CAI????

Has anyone in this forum installed the Boss 302 Intake Manifold along with the C&L CAI with out having to do any modifications for proper installation??? I've read on the American Muscle Website that the Installation Kit (fuel vapor hose, bracket, screw, fuel supply assembly and air inlet tube) is not required if you have a C&L or JLT CAI, but I downloaded an installation guide and it suggested some extra parts (2 feet of 3/8” Fuel/Emissions Hose and Hose Clamps). This guide was for an After-Market CAI (JLT).

I tried google/yahoo/youtube/this forum to find anything specific with this product being installed with the C&L CAI and no success. Currently saving up while deployed and once I return this summer, I really want to purchase this item (unless I change my mind again, LOL)... So any help would be greatly appreciated...

AM had the kit for $194.00 (I beleive) and on the CJ Pony site, you can buy the parts individually (i.e. the braket was like $16, the fuel supply assembly was like $103, ect)..

Thanks

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 01-02-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:38 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Has anyone in this forum installed the Boss 302 Intake Manifold along with the C&L CAI with out having to do any modifications for proper installation??? I've read on the American Muscle Website that the Installation Kit (fuel vapor hose, bracket, screw, fuel supply assembly and air inlet tube) is not required if you have a C&L or JLT CAI, but I downloaded an installation guide and it suggested some extra parts (2 feet of 3/8” Fuel/Emissions Hose and Hose Clamps). This guide was for an After-Market CAI (JLT).

I tried google/yahoo/youtube/this forum to find anything specific with this product being installed with the C&L CAI and no success. Currently saving up while deployed and once I return this summer, I really want to purchase this item (unless I change my mind again, LOL)... So any help would be greatly appreciated...

AM had the kit for $194.00 (I beleive) and on the CJ Pony site, you can buy the parts individually (i.e. the braket was like $16, the fuel supply assembly was like $103, ect)..

Thanks
I run the Boss Manifold and the AIRAID CF Intake on my 2011 GT. I haven't had any issues with fitment, the installation was super easy and the gains are incredible. The car is a completely different animal and it really pulls hard up top! I installed Long Tubes at the same time as well so I noticed big gains in low end torque from them.

I didn't get any additional parts, just the Boss 302 Strut bar! I hope this helps.

Thank you for your Service and Bravery!

-Dan
Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Thanks Dan. I don't have any long tube headers installed, but I do have the JBA Cat4ward Shorty Headers (not sure if that will make up for any loss of bottom end torque). I do plan on changing my gears. Right now I'm running the stock gears which I beleive are 3:31's. So I think if I go with the 3:73's, I should be good. Also, I will be getting a the cat delete pipes (either Steeda, BBK, or the ones from JEGS) and transform my BBK After Cat X-Pipe into an O/R X-Pipe. Afterwards I will take a little break with mods until the the end of the year...

Anyways, thanks for that input, really appreciate it..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:31 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Also what would be some good suggestions in regards to additional mods to balance out the 5.0 Engine. I understand that the BOSS 302's 5.0 engine differs (i.e. cylinder heads with 1mm bigger valves, different cam profiles, forged internals and short runner intake manifold just to name a few).

So I figure some long tube heads, higher gears, upgraded exhaust system, and upgraded suspension systems should be a few things that should set me on the right track. I just bought my Mustang a year and a half ago and pretty new modifications, but I'm always doing what I can to learn more. Thanks!!!