MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-v8-technical-discussions-137/)
-   -   '14 Auto GT goes nuts when accelerating (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-v8-technical-discussions/710048-14-auto-gt-goes-nuts-when-accelerating.html)

SOAPBOX 05-17-2014 08:48 PM

'14 Auto GT goes nuts when accelerating

Good Afternoon All,

So i just purchased a 2014 GT Automatic, Stock when I would put the peddal to the floor it would accelerate decent, shifting early etc but that's expected.

I just installed a Airaid CAI, and a bama tune. Using 93 Octane fuel and a race tune.

Now when i step on it from a very slow roll (i have advance track sport mode on) it feels like the ass end of the car is all over the road. I am not peeling out, it doesent sound of it and there are no marks. The car just feels like its being jerked hard and I have to let off the gas because it feels as if its about to come out from under me at 60+ miles an hour.

Can anyone explain this? Am I just being a p**** and tripping?

It just feels like something that would lose control if I just kept pushing it.

wishinsky 05-18-2014 11:08 AM

I love it my 13 feels that way to. I am on my second set of pirellis, and even brand new my tires still sway like that.... best bet I'm assuming is a softer tire.

jz78817 05-18-2014 09:04 PM

axle hop.

Nuke 05-18-2014 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jz78817 (Post 8390119)
axle hop.

He'd feel that and pretty severely. My guess is that he's just on the edge of breaking loose. My 4.6L will do that on occasion. He just needs to understand that with power you simply don't just "step on it". Some suspension mods and tire upgrades will help put that power down. THEN he'll have to get used to butt pucker...

SOAPBOX 05-18-2014 10:25 PM

Silly me..

I had it in sport mode, where traction control remains on, but stability control is turned off to allow "more spirited driving"

It's my guess putting the pedal down in a straight line is not what they meant by "spirited". More like a controlled acceleration into a turn on a track.

P51C 05-19-2014 01:09 PM

Umm, it's a 400+ hp 3600 pound car with a live rear axle and relatively skinny tires. It's quite capable of going nuts if handled with sledgehammer precision like you're describing. Watch yourself and leave the TC/AT on for the moment until you can figure out what the car will deliver.

I drag race this car and find it to be a pretty stable platform but, it still needs to be flown all the way down the track. granted, I am on a slick and MT but, it's still the way it is. It's still no G body or old fox for squirelly, though.

jRaskell 05-20-2014 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by SOAPBOX (Post 8389882)
The car just feels like its being jerked hard and I have to let off the gas because it feels as if its about to come out from under me at 60+ miles an hour.

Sounds like stability control kicking in to me. Even in Advanced Sport Track mode, the stability control will kick in if it's getting too squirrelly.

As many people have found at the drag strip, even with 'Traction' control off, stability control will kick in if you get even a little sideways. AST mode really only lets you get a little more sideways, but what I've found there is that when it does kick in, it does so much more abruptly as well.

hootie_john 05-21-2014 05:20 PM

Is there a way to defeat the stability control/traction control?

Rios04GT 05-21-2014 06:56 PM

It's just the nature of the pony. Wider tires, or taking some air out of them will take care of the problem. You can simply take it easy on it too

Slowbra302 05-21-2014 11:02 PM

Hold the brake and press the T/C button and hold for 7 seconds. Disables it all. I never drive with it on unless in the rain. Also this eliminates hill assist for manuals, which I dislike.