Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New 2014 GT - order my mods...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

manual
Old 06-04-2014, 04:39 PM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

What is everyone's thought on the Ghost Cam tune?

Seen a lot of YT vids and although intrigued, I'm kind of wondering if anyone here has direct knowledge on the quality and sound. I'm sure it doesn't add power - probably takes a way a lil torque maybe; but I do like a good lope lope lope lope...
Old 06-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdevil1

Seen a lot of YT vids and although intrigued, I'm kind of wondering if anyone here has direct knowledge on the quality and sound. I'm sure it doesn't add power - probably takes a way a lil torque maybe; but I do like a good lope lope lope lope...
I've probably DDed with my cam tune the most (right at 29k miles total and I put the tune on at 8k miles). The tune is nasty with the right exhaust set up. I get compliments while driving or stopped. I literally watch people either roll down the windows to hear better or roll up because it's too much.

As for drivability, this takes some serious finesse. Car likes to try and buck when starting out so you gotta work the clutch a lot more. I didn't really notice after I had gotten used to it, until I switched over to my performance tune. I love it to death man and I wish I could find a set of REAL cams but atlas I have a family so the tune is what I settle for.

Here is a link to my video, if you have any other questions let me know!

http://youtu.be/opbC1Jk3np0
Old 06-05-2014, 11:29 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slowbra302

sounds f'n nice. Is there a way to turn the cam tune off and just go normal if you need to?
Old 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slowbra302
I've probably DDed with my cam tune the most (right at 29k miles total and I put the tune on at 8k miles). The tune is nasty with the right exhaust set up. I get compliments while driving or stopped. I literally watch people either roll down the windows to hear better or roll up because it's too much.

As for drivability, this takes some serious finesse. Car likes to try and buck when starting out so you gotta work the clutch a lot more. I didn't really notice after I had gotten used to it, until I switched over to my performance tune. I love it to death man and I wish I could find a set of REAL cams but atlas I have a family so the tune is what I settle for.

! I have been meaning to order a Ghost Cam tune. That is the first I heard it with the exhaust set-up just like mine, and I am going to order the Ghost Tune today! The sound is AMAZING!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

sounds f'n nice. Is there a way to turn the cam tune off and just go normal if you need to?
In a sense yes. On my SCT device I have the following:

1: 87 street (incase of a station being out of premium)
2: 91 BAMA Cam (my cammed race tune)
3: 91 Performance (my curren DD tune)

So let's say I have my 91 perf tune loaded in as I have been getting up early all week and don't want to **** the neighbors off.now I want to switch to the cam tune as it's Friday afternoon. I would plug in and select "custom tune", select the cam tune. Follow the directions and it takes right at 3 minutes. Fire it up, blip the throttle to offset the cams and we're off!!!

Same goes for swapping back. Pretty simple. If ou have any further questions let me know
Old 06-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
! I have been meaning to order a Ghost Cam tune. That is the first I heard it with the exhaust set-up just like mine, and I am going to order the Ghost Tune today! The sound is AMAZING!
Who are you going with? Thanks for the compliment!! I am madly I love with the sound and wouldn't trade it! If you pop the AC on, it makes the idle more aggressive and the car shakes twice as much, due to it making the motor work harder
Old 06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

ive went with the 4.10s even after lots of people telling me it too much gear, i can tell you upgrading from 3.55 to 4.10 made a very huge difference, a great installation made the car totally noise free from drivetrain and everything, i have 100x less whine then i had with my stock 3.55, the car pull like a freight train on throttle, launch very hard at the track, but of course you shift way more, it really depend on what you do with your car, mine is a toy, night and week end purpose, drag alots etc, not a daily driver, i can see a 2500 rpm range in 6 gear at 70mph, i wanted something agressiv in the street trim before going on blower level, which probably will require me to go back on a way softer gear ratio lol, ive went the following route with my car from stock:
coilover, longtube xpipe, then some axle back magnaflow muffler, gave all the difference in the world from the stock muffler even with longtube and xpipe it was still quiet before the muffler swap, i actually went with a steeda tune and cold air at first of all, waked up the car nicely too, im now done installing all the bmr goodie, one piece drive shaft, (bmr lca with relocation bracket, bmr pan hard bar, upper adjustable control arm with the mount), the coilover handle great but are very firm, the car at the track doesnt squat at all, no transfer, im now ditching the coilover and going back to a less agressiv stance(sadly) but going with some strange adj shock and viking strut and bmr spring will be more friendly in global use. at the end it all depend on what are your plan with the car. id totally skip boss intake if it ever get on your list. good luck and enjoy the car.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 PM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

Before I had the supercharger installed I has a ghost cam tune. It sounded nice but the idle was up & down. I went to a car show and was having problems driving slow through the crowd. It only sounds nice. You don't get any extra hp.

Good luck.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:02 PM
a.brown.stang

I just took my 2011 brembo gt to my exhaust shop and had them cut out mufflers resonators for a 100 bucks

Just did the same with the cats today actually.... ITS INSANE!!!

then I did Eibach Pro kit shocks and springs because i read everywhere that the oem shocks died faster and ride quality sucked

But overall the sound qaulity of just the muffler/ resonator delete was phenomenal.

I would do that first with CAI and tune then research hardcore on the different suspension combos

Quick Reply: New 2014 GT - order my mods...