Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Paxton or ProCharger SuperCharger

Old 12-13-2014, 07:10 AM
crusher66

Default Paxton or ProCharger SuperCharger

Car is a 2013 GT with 6 sp man. LT Headers, 1-piece Driveshaft, 3.73 rear.

Any thoughts on these two superchargers?

I will keep boost at 7.0 PSI and tune will stay in safe zone. Car will not see a track. Not a daily driver.

Will the motor hold up and give me decent life?

Any thoughts or tips.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:10 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

I went with Vortech because that system is way more efficient under 800HP than the Paxton kit is. The Paxton kit can be tuned up to 1000HP, but it doesn't sound like that's really your goal, you'd rather stay in the safe zone. I myself have a Vortech system installed and currently with the base tune I make about 600HP at the crank. The V3Si blower will be more efficient in terms of quicker spool compared to the Paxton kit, so if anything I would dive deeper into this unit. PM me if you've got any questions, I've had this kit on for about 8 months or so:

Send me a PM or email if you've got any questions
Old 12-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ModBargains
I went with Vortech because that system is way more efficient under 800HP than the Paxton kit is. The Paxton kit can be tuned up to 1000HP, but it doesn't sound like that's really your goal, you'd rather stay in the safe zone. I myself have a Vortech system installed and currently with the base tune I make about 600HP at the crank. The V3Si blower will be more efficient in terms of quicker spool compared to the Paxton kit, so if anything I would dive deeper into this unit. PM me if you've got any questions, I've had this kit on for about 8 months or so:

Send me a PM or email if you've got any questions
Do you have any other mods? I want to supercharge but not for a year or so, not sure if i want to go twin screw or centrifugal
the vortec seems to be the easier cheaper one but does it whine like a twin screw? Sorry i don't mean to hyjack the thread :P
Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
Do you have any other mods? I want to supercharge but not for a year or so, not sure if i want to go twin screw or centrifugal
the vortec seems to be the easier cheaper one but does it whine like a twin screw? Sorry i don't mean to hyjack the thread :P
I do but no other power mods to be specific. I'm in the works of changing out the exhaust I have currently since I just have a flowmaster outlaw axle back, but that wont do anything for power of course.

The Vortech install was very easy, I could have done it myself but I'd rather have my own mechanic here do it for me since he's very meticulous at what he does. I always say you've found the right mechanic if he's extremely **** about checking and double checking things, almost borderline OCD (he set all my worm clamps so they face the right direction, ALL of them). But the V3si blower on these units is very very quiet, the only thing you'll hear is the blow off when you get out of boost. When you're in boost it's actually more quiet, you wont hear anything different than what you hear now, but when you let off you will hear the boost escape, that's all.

I went Vortech because I wanted an easier powerband to deal with for road racing. I had a twin screw on my 2003 GT (Kenne bell), which was a great system, but it would be very difficult to keep those rear tires planted on a road course since the torque was just so instant and so powerful even at low RPM that it would make it a big handful to deal with on track getting out of a corner.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:23 PM
crusher66

Default Help needed

Need some feedback on a Paxton or a ProCharger supercharger.

Right now those are my two choices.

I need to know if the motor will hold up to Supercharging? Will the stock clutch hold up for awhile? Car has 10K miles.

Max limit 7 psi. Other mods will include some suspension work, one piece DS, LT Headers. Not a DD. Street car.

looking for 550 at the crank. 475 at the rear. Car will be sold in 3 years.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:22 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crusher66

I need to know if the motor will hold up to Supercharging? Will the stock clutch hold up for awhile? Car has 10K miles.

Max limit 7 psi. Other mods will include some suspension work, one piece DS, LT Headers. Not a DD. Street car.

Go with Paxton. You'll get about 600hp at the crank right out of the box. Clutch on mine is holding up just fine even with aggressive driving. Pm me if you need a price
Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

You'd be happy either way, but I went with a ProCharger on my 2011 5.0 M6. The car ran 10.89 @ 128 on the stock motor in street trim, and gets 31.7 MPGs on the highway. The ProCharger is awesome.

http://www.uprproducts.com/procharge...g-p1sc-11.html

Name:  hoodstruts_zps1e41c399.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  163.3 KB
Old 12-23-2014, 10:28 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crusher66

You're wouldn't be able to notice a difference between the two systems at the levels you're looking at.

Certifical blowers don't have the whine you're thinking of though, it's a whistle. Sounds great to my ear though.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:44 AM
map68

I have a 2011 gt and want to add some sort of supercharger or turbo,there are so many choices. I want at least 500hp at the wheels with out any other mods.Just want a stout street car to take on power tour.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

^^ProCharger!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paxton or ProCharger SuperCharger