Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Rear Diff noise... Ford dealer ordered parts, parts never showed up lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 10:58 PM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Default Rear Diff noise... Ford dealer ordered parts, parts never showed up lol

Hey guys, thought I would share about my experience with a local Ford Dealer about my rear differential making a whining sound.

I took my 2013 Mustang GT 3.31 to the dealer around the beginning of June due to my rear diff making a loud and annoying whining. They took it apart and replaced the bearings. I get a phone call and they told me that the sound has gotten worse. LOL! So they ordered the ring gear and pinion gear.

I picked up my car and I can tell ya the sound is definitely a lot louder. At that time, The service manager told me the most it could take for the parts to arrive was about 2 1/2 weeks. Fine by me but....

2 weeks went by and i get a call that the parts are on national back order! He didn't have an ETA until maybe a 2 weeks later and told me there was an ETA of July 17th... Well, you guessed right... they never showed up lol. Service Manager tells me that the Ford manufacturing plant scratched out the ETA and now there is no telling when they will make them or ship them I don't know.

The service manager told me that the parts guy would check around other Ford dealers in hope to find the parts I need. That was 2 days ago and I haven't heard from him. I left a voice mail this afternoon. I've been nice and patient about it too... I get the feeling that they are blowing me off lol I don't know.

Maybe I can get them to change it to a steeper gear ratio under warranty becuase I have the 3.31 gears haha. Worth a shot!